Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell curve hit and crit
What I'm suggesting is scaled fall off for hit and crit rates, so that you cannot easily gain 100% crit, 100% crit defense, 100% hit, 100% dodge ect.

Similar to the scaled stat fall off formula but in a classical bell curve.

50 being median, fall off starting at 25 and 75

getting hit/crit higher than 75% becomes harder the higher it becomes, 2 hit per hit for the first 10, 4 hit per hit for the second 10, and 8 hit per hit per hit for the last 5 to 100 hit. This means to hit 100% you need the current equivalent of 200% hit.

Same for the bottom curve.

The fall off calculation would go into effect, after hit vs dodge.

I feel this would balance some of the extreme numbers that get thrown offensively and defensively.
Wouldn't taking the scaled numbers off of those create even more extreme numbers?

This'd be very confusing, hit/crit are fine where they're at, dodge could use a tiny bit of work, and that's it really.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
Its in a odd turmoil

ITS REALLY easy to build crit evade, but really hard to dodge.

Basically lets say I have 300 hit and you have 200 dodge. normally I'd have 100% hit on you

now we 300-200=100 put through second formula= 75 (+20/2) (+5/4) =86% hit.

at 300 dodge vs 250 hit I'd be at -50% usually but now I'm at 12% to hit.

this is a very soft curve. It negatively affects hit more than dodge, its curved so that you need to beat dodge by 200 or lose 100 to dodge to get 100% or 0%.

this bell curve would be alot more interesting with crit evade vs crit because the margin between both numbers is usually shorter.
I'd rather not either, hit/crit are in good spots right now, especially crit because Crit can be adequately fought against in the higher amounts with hardcore critical evade, and gives huge worth to having FAI as a stat, which can seem not as worth if you weren't running light ATK.
Its a loose idea, If we ever get into hit/dodge hell

I still feel bleached fang throws crit evade into the clear winner of critpalooza

also crit is a tidge unfair.

Faith and luck give 1:1 C.Evade

Luck gives 1 crit, skill give .5 crit.
The offensive stats do need to to have a small edge on the defensive ones just because they're less of a safe investment. I do think skill might be a little too beneficial, though. Part of me is considering moving the bonus critical from skill and putting it on Strength.
I think the imbalance between things like hit and crit come from the fact that it's a linear scale with large swing buffs. Getting +30 to one of those values can take you from a fifty-fifty chance to four out of five, and when builds which allow you to get 400% Hit exist, I think scaling on combat statistics like hit, evade, crit, etc would be a good solution until the third reckoning happens.
Critical Hit being moved from SKI to STR has all my support. Too bad it will further cripple Guns, making it harder to critically hit unless the Archer's critical passive starts applying to guns too.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I am fully against moving critical hit to STR, that'd only serve to completely mess up gunners/archers/lightning mages and just about anything that didn't rely on STR to crit.

Especially gunners, they have a rough enough time as is, I don't think its a good idea to implement that.
"Neus" Wrote:The offensive stats do need to to have a small edge on the defensive ones just because they're less of a safe investment. I do think skill might be a little too beneficial, though. Part of me is considering moving the bonus critical from skill and putting it on Strength.

My immediate reaction is that moving crit from Ski to Strength would just encourage people even less to build crit. Why build a stat that only helps hit people and grants skill slots, when you can do more damage with a Swift variant of an autohit that can now crit with your 70 Strength? That operates under the assumption that we aren't dealing with a post-autohit-change version of the game, at least.

Nobody will pick up guns or daggers, besides stuff like Stinger and Tarnell. Those people will probably abandon that idea quickly, once they realize having to build Str, Guile, Luck and Ski as primary stats leaves them without any room for defense.