Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staring Blankly at the Hourglass
I'd like to suggest a change to the current timer system used during combat. By no means is this a new suggestion, but one that deserves a bit of attention nonetheless, and perhaps is even more necessary for consideration because of that.

As it stands the current time allotment for turns PvP battles is fairly insufficient when it comes to typing out an interesting post. The time it takes to read through what your opponent has done, consider how it effects your character on the ic stand front based upon the damage and effects they've received, consider what they're going to do in response and which skills best represent those actions mechanically, and type it out can sometimes take a bit longer than is currently allowed by the system. A problem that becomes more prominent the more versatile a build is and the more 'creatively' the character uses it ic'ly. Which can really kill the mood of a battle.

To remedy this I suggest that, instead of forcing a player's turn to skip when the timer runs out the opponent receives a dialogue box with the option of either beginning their own turn or allowing the player to continue for the duration of another timer. This would both allow people to enjoy their battles at their own pace while also ensuring that no one is caught in a fight for any longer than they need to be if their opponent is taking a bit too long to return from a visit to the porcelain throne.

This option could similarly be made available to party leaders during PvE outings in which a party member has become mysteriously preoccupied.
I’d recommend that there be a section for a choice of timer before auto-ending the other player’s turn. Something like, say, 1 minute for less RP-based matches, 2 minutes, or maybe even 5 minutes being the maximum?

I can agree that it’s a problem, but in PvP, I think the timer should be a third option.

Quote:[Serious/Spar/Training] for fight type.
[Stylish/Normal] for mode.
[60s-300s] for time.
[Image: unknown.png]
"GSM" Wrote:
Quote:[Serious/Spar/Training] for fight type.
[Stylish/Normal] for mode.
[60s-300s] for time.

I agree fully with this as an addition.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
Same.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
This is an option when challenging now.