Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Traps
I think the Trap skills (Fire Trap, Ice Trap, Gust Trap and Entangle Trap) are a bit too weak when compared to Skills or Spells from other base classes (such as Crystal Rose or Explosion). Trap skills are less powerful on a count of 100% GUI not being similar to 100% SWA since the effectiveness of the stats listed on Weapons are multiplied by 1.5x and then increased by the Weapon's Power.

So I'd like to suggest bumping the GUI scaling on these traps from 100% GUI to 150% GUI so they're more comparable to base skills from other classes.

Another thing I'd like to note is how Fire Trap is not as good as the other traps simply because it has no additional effect. I think an easy fix would be to give Fire Trap the ability to create Cinders when triggered. (This should be without needing Nerhaven considering the Nerhaven effect already gives Fire Trap extra damage).

Finally, Swift/Overcharged Traps are very lacking. I think they should be able to deal lightning criticals when triggered, much like the majority of Redgull enhanced skills. (Quaking Traps are also lacking but I think that's more an issue with Quaking in general and probably needs it's own topic.)
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
I thought the subject was another thing for a second, but then I saw Balance Fu.

Anyway! It's also something I wanted to bring forth, thanks for making the topic, Sly. As of now, Traps are quite weak, even though they got beefed up before. Trap-Stacking is only a waste of Momentum too, compared to spamming the same skill on other base classes.

They're also not a reliable source of damage, for requiring a condition to trigger, thing that has counterplay. (By just using teleporting/movement skills/Blink, and straight out 1 boot that grants teleport, 1 boot that prevents getting knocked back into it, 1 sword that fully ignores them. What else? The list is pretty big.)

Getting them up to 150% GUI base is a good start, I agree. As usual, I'd go for a higher number, but then people would chew on me, so keep it at a tame 150% GUI, or make it be 150% GUI base, +5% per Rank. Whichever numbers that will make people no longer complain that traps suck.

As for 'Overcharged Traps', they don't do anything in particular from my observation. As if that is broken? Indeed, slapping Lightning Crits to it will solve the problem easy-to-peasy, aside giving VA some self-synergy with Rogue, and a better Destiny experience, overall.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Traps need better scaling.
but even with that you'd want reduction down to 2m, or a passive that lets you place a number of traps ACTUALLY hidden from your opponent before combat starts.
Maybe a passive that throws two dud traps along with the true one would be more simple to implement since we got Shuffle and Create Shade from Spellthief in. But this is for another topic.
Traps have a very small deploy range so I'm not sure how duds would help, the biggest differences would be if the duds appeared on the very tip of the deploy area while the other trap was thrown in the opposite site, but even that isn't very helpful since most of the time you'd know where it would be better to deploy a trap :v
I've already tried getting traps buffed on multiple occasions but my only response was: "Traps are utility skills"
If they could get SWA in damage calculation, or just a boost in GUI scaling, that'd be great.

The fact that traps can easily be bypassed by movement skills is another issue they have. Every class nearly has a way to get around them. They're too bad right now that no one wants to utilize them.
There are quite the few ways to have 'ninja' traps being put in the field without the enemy knowing. Such as small conditions, like.

"Whenever you're knocked down, knocked back, or walk X amount of tiles, a random trap is laid down on your spot. Whenever you score a critical hit behind the enemy's back. Whenever you knock the enemy down." Et cetera.

This is the alternative to having their damage up. The 'what if they don't cost momentum sometimes' option.
You could also just, use vision blocking attacks like smoke screen and white prison, lets focus on buffing their damage first.

Also I'd be the first to suggest that the cinders be 25% fire ATK, as traps can have the capability to cover an extremely large area.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
Another idea perhaps is to lower their momentum cost so they can be used in a utility role better. Having them just be an alternate form of damage dealing would be a bit boring imo but if their cost was reduced to say 1m or 2m (Perhaps damage adjusted accordingly too if needed) they could be used without sacrificing your damage and give the enemy something to think about even if they can avoid them.
-------------------------------------------------
[Image: 1599085341408.gif]
As a side note, Entangle trap didn't get the last boost of Traps which was duration increase anyway.
While I know that Archer is probably the only one that can make them trigger reliably with pulling shot, I do not think that should be the reason the traps ain't holding as long as the rouge counter parts.

Actually not sure how long rain trap exists without being triggered.

Aside from that, maybe a slight boost in their elemental scaling wouldn't hurt either, for traps.