Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skip? After You
At the moment, 'Skip' can turn a fight from streamline to chaotic incredibly quickly. Skip priority can often result in pretty massive advantages for the faster party, which I wouldn't necessarily say is a bad thing. What is, however, a bad thing, is the many ways to force a skip on people using various methods from certain classes.

This is oppressive and has no counter-play, unless one carries Requinite, or use a null shell on the target in question. The former is frowned upon in the vast majority of fights that go down, while the latter is six momentum and a hit check, essentially wasting a turn regardless.

I'll go over each of the methods I know on how to abuse the skip mechanic to force double-turns on people:

Extend Void:
By using Extend Void, you can prolong the duration of Skip, thus having it carry over to the round after it was used. This effectively has the skip-status still in effect on the new round, where it becomes impossible to counter-skip due to the cooldown.

Meditate:
It functions exactly like Extend Void. Meditate increases the duration of Skip to the following turn, effectively forcing a double-turn.

On My Mark:
These one requires a fast teammate and for that teammate to have higher initiative than your opponent. A slow Tactician with On My Mark toggled on will always go last in the turn order when skipping. This is due to the Tactician's initiative being counted as their own after they skip, not their ally's. This makes it impossible to counter-skip, even if the opponent tries to do so, because the Tactician will be slower and thusly go last in the skip-order, but faster than their ally on the following turn.

Additionally, you can also toggle On My Mark on and off to force double-turns for both yourself and your enemy.

Suggested solution:
- Make the 'Skip' buff impossible to extend, or remove, once applied.
- For On My Mark, I'd suggest making it a passive instead of a toggle, to automatically start you with 1 more initiative than your fastest alive ally, always. Without being able to change it.
'On My Mark' being able to be toggleable is essential for Tacticians and shouldn't be changed. Especially in situations the Tactician needs to be slower than the fastest person in their team. (Not saying slowest.)

I say make it a toggle skill, but not an 'on/off' type. Make it grant you the On My Mark status effect which gives you a buff with the passive's effects while you're inflicted with it, and if used again, it will toggle off. This should also cost 1M.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I have to agree with all the points Walrus has brought up, alongside two more abuse-able forms of skip shenanigans, since On My Mark was brought up:

Muuden:
This one should be pretty obvious, once using geist you'll automatically skip, regardless on if your current skip is on cooldown or not, also it can be used on round 0 unlike normal skip, allowing you to immediately get the advantage before anyone can even skip or react to it.

Muuden should probably fall under the normal rules of skip, not being able to proc on round 0, setting skip on cooldown and not triggering if skip is on cooldown.

Pray:
Like Extend Void and Meditate, this will extend the duration of skip, since it extends all positive statuses you cause.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]