Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrading 10* Weapons: A Journey of Suffering
I didn't know where else to post this, and since it's balancing in a way or more, here goes.

Right now? Upgrading a 10* weapon costs a whoppin' 7371 Murai. Besides the Raremetal Shards cost.
That is quite the amount, and while yes, I do understand 10* weapons are usually stronger due to stats or an effect of sorts, I find this price to be quite ridiculous. Let's not forget to mention the time it'd take to grind that out.
Reducing the price to something lower would definitely help a lot.

I believe a discussion about this would be useful, given that 10* weapons do have a certain advantage over normal gear.
I don't think we should demerit the murai sinks in the game otherwise we would have too much honestly.

I'm sure Dev has a way of tracking murai sinks as well.

I summon the economy masters of SL2 to have their say in this.
[Image: tenor.gif]
Just having a lot of money doesn't really make you an economy master it just means you've sold a lot of shit people want, I generally don't have to spend a lot of money as I give away things and people give me things, I also make a lot of money from making material change kits and selling them currently. (It used to be PR Hi potions and 10 stars)

But unfortunately without these things you're sort of just stuck unless you get lucky, as without an automatic shopkeep you'll instead just be endlessly grinding, and you'll probably make less than 5-6k a day before you just wanna tear out your eyes from their sockets from just grinding, and would rather roleplay.

For 10 star items specifically I'd say maybe their upgrade price being lowered is not a bad idea, considering the rare metal cost, but I wouldn't really lower it by too much, I'd say up to 5k total Murai is just fine for the weapons themselves, armor too probably.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
I would have to weigh on the side of keeping murai sinks in the game. It's not too hard to just have it passively build up over time without you even selling things. Also the average player is only gonna ever upgrade a handful of 10*, cost is only an issue when you are pumping out lots of new characters and the types of people who do that generally have plenty of money to spare so this along with hikari stamps drains money from "veteran" players.
-------------------------------------------------
[Image: 1599085341408.gif]
I, while not having too much murai (the highest I've ever had on someone is around 600k), think that under 8k to upgrade a weapon fully isn't that actually high of a price. As Noxid said, it's only a problem when I make new characters and try to get their setup done within a day or two.
[Image: 7y3oPuY.png]
Admittedly, I find myself having trouble trying to deal with the upgrade requirements of 10*s in comparison to other stars, with the difference in power between them and other stuff not always being significant enough to justify that. Perhaps there's some alternate way of doing this than just flat out lowering the price, though, like using additional rare metals in the upgrade to bring the price down. This is just me thinking out loud, though.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity