Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Haunted Poncho
Alright, something like this has bothered me for a long but is it possible to like give Haunted Poncho's phantom cloak buff it's own skill while equipped with it? While 38 or so Evade unarmored for first 5 rounds is nice and all, there is only so much you can do in five rounds, not only that, this is a 10 star equipment, while take for example, a five-star Ninja armor that starts right off with 15 evade un-upgraded and a six-star Sarashi Gi's 5 starting evade and a perma +12 evade and crit if using the same weapons in each hands, I feel that maybe, just maybe, a 10 star armor could be a better choice if it had more incentives than just something that lasts the first five rounds.

Maybe make it so that Haunted Poncho grants phantom cloak as a skill, but does not start with the skill actived, and takes 30 FP - 38 FP to use with a 5 turn cooldown, allowing more control and likely more usage of Haunted Poncho as a 10 star equipment.
[Image: G8LNOeN.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like alyssiaerend's post:
  • Akame, Noxid
I am hot and cold about this change. I think that Haunted Poncho needs away to refresh it's buff. However I also feel that a lot of it's identity is being a rush down armor for melee anti-basic hitting. It's issue is being kited and being shot by down by ranged opponents.

The armor as is can arguably hit 50+ evade for you in comparison to a Ninja Armors 30ish. I would suggest refreshing it's passive on enemy death. Promoting it's get in there and slay mentality further. Though I do agree it could use some looking at.
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Balor's post:
  • Noxid
It's hard to justify any kind of super niche counter gear that isn't a weapon since you can freely swap those. It's even harder to justify one that loses its niche both after a duration and by taking certain damage. I guess it's good if you keep it on standby to hotswap for pvp against someone you know relies heavily on melee basics. But that's pretty scummy.

The thing is, even if you could refresh Phantom Cloak's buff, why would you use it over a more generally useful armor? Ninja armor's evade will always be there, against both melee and ranged. Same for Sarasha Gi. I don't think 20-15ish more evade against a specific type of basic attack that vanishes at any point is worth having consistent 30ish evade.

Thus, I think the item could use a rework entirely. Maybe something like, when you evade a basic attack or trigger evasion, you release a Styx Shout around you in its usual aoe range from the Spectre mob with damage based on armor UL.
It's got the highest magic armour and armour of any unarmored piece. It has uses as a dodgetank, niche, but not outclassed. If it has to be refreshable, give it a thematic condition, such as drez's on enemy KO refresh, sustaining dark damage, ect. It's not a piece that actually needs a buff, imo.
[-] The following 2 users Like FatherCrixius's post:
  • Balor, Miller
I don't know where you got it having the highest magic armor and armor of any piece unless you mean when looking at both stats together, in which case it marginally beats out Dragon Gi by 1 point of armor. Otherwise half of the unarmored options have more magic armor. It is admittedly only tied in armor by Animal Pelt, but we're talking about a max difference of 4 armor here, which is not worth a 10 star slot that gives you 15-20 evade than what you'd otherwise have against 1 type of damage that can decay by either duration or just taking ranged damage. Good luck dodge tanking with that when the majority of the meta is magic damage, which it has considerably less magic armor than a good portion of the unarmored roster. It absolutely is outclassed by other options.

If you're really going to try and dodge tank, there's no real reason not to just go Ninja Armor or Sarasha Gi if using 2 weapons. Cloak of Many Colors is also much better than it. There's a handful of things that are strictly better than Haunted Poncho.
a way to refresh its buff would be nice but I should note that it currently sits in a fair position given its limited duration, having access to 38 evade (against melee) is incredibly strong and ranks it far above any other dodge torso in terms of raw value, if there is a skill that re-applies the buff I'd rather see the duration of that specific buff be tuned down or the LV of the evade.

However, worth noting as well which may be an offset to keep as a mental note towards the balance of this item, the evade buff of Phantom Cloak doesn't appear to add into evasion calculations, or at least it didn't appear to in my last few tests.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]
Either a skill that has a hefty FP cost and large cooldown or upon slaying an enemy. I like both of those ideas for a refresh idea.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Akame