Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
The Great Horses Suggestion
[Image: MlZNeZe.png]

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thread Song for browsing pleasure

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Welcome to the ultimate thread that ends all horse-suggestion threads. 

Many individuals wanted horses, but for many years, they've never came to fruit.
And thankfully, I wasted three days making this.

This is the ultimate thread that ends all horses and horse-related accessories.

For those wanting to look at the google drive, there's link in this thread: 

Proceeding forward, this thread is to discuss all horses, and horse-related suggestion.
But unlike others, I have my own suggestion I rather make. And it comes in this literal thread.
Without further ado, have a horse.
[Image: IyA4Bgz.gif]
So how many horses are there that I've made? Well if you looked into the drive I've posted all my horses to; Currently as of this writing (7/31/2022), there is five horses. 
Four with different colors, one without a saddle. These will be completely relative, and actually explains what goes down in this thread.
We'll start off with the suggestion I'm going from my own angle.
TALENT
[Image: kqn3N5b.png]
Horse-riding
I am not big fan of locking horses behind a class, or making horses any weirder for players to access. Rather, I rather horses be accessible by all classes. And so I thought of horse-riding
Horse-riding should ideally have 2 SP for every talent point invested. In the tree, there is following rows the player should see;
Riding - One Skill-rank investment
Unlocks the ability to summon, and ride a horse. The player gains 50% movement speed while mounted on the horse.
Weight - Five Skill-rank investment
Increases the Weight forgiveness by 10% * SR (Allows you to go at full-speed pass encumbrance limit) 
Speed - Two Skill-rank Investment
Increases the movement speed when riding a horse by additional 25% * SR (Up to double speed of player character running)
Of course, players that cannot squeeze this into their build for MAXIMUM SPEEDRUNNING, can instead take a trait-alternative, but they are locked at 50% speed regardless, and will a special horse variant that have no saddle on it (Wild Horse)
TRAIT
[Image: sMpoXga.png]
Horse Whisperer
10 base LUC, 10 base GUI req.
Your calming presence, and your good fortune calm down the wild horse, and would not see you as a threat. You gain the ability to summon, and ride a wild horse, but you cannot go any faster than 50% movement speed when traveling. In addition, you do not gain weight forgiveness as well.
RESTRICTIONS
We're trying to balance a suddenly fast player, and it would be useful to prevent them from doing few things.
My suggestion is thus;
- Players cannot ride a horse in dungeons. (Yes you can't ride in the Wastes)
- Players cannot ride a horse in houses (Player-houses are an exception)
- Every 15-20 tiles cover drain physical and mental stamina by 1? (Mayhaps?)
- Alternatively, no limitations on tile-movement draining stamina. Just first two is fine.

[Image: XDo90hy.png]
[-] The following 10 users Like Skullcatrons's post:
  • Autumn, DogmaticDusk, Fern, K Peculier, lalchi, MarktheUnlucky, Poruku, Sawrock, Shadbase, Snake
I'm split between a thumbs up and thumbs down.

On one point, it would make traveling take less time, on another it would make traveling take less time. You get me?

It has the potential to kill wilderness RP. And with the current player movement speed, it's not like we have an easy time halting people from going past us if they decide to ignore someone who's standing by a road waiting for strangers.

The only way I could see this being plausible is if this was not such a constant. For example... To use a Horse, it'd put the poor beast in a hefty cooldown in one of the stables by one of the Great Four, for like an IC day or two.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snake's post:
  • Sawrock
I enjoy the idea of this, but I do agree with Kunai as well. Keeping it limited of course to only wilderness would be beneficial, especially in Korvara, but it does kill the potential a little bit.. I do enjoy the idea of adding a cooldown of having to wait a IC day at a town before you can ride again, or longer if your "camping" as it is somewhere, while making the horse potentially be something similar to a mercenary to where if your injured/sick/etc your horse is hindered on it movement as well, that way people don't just have it as a means of "oh I got a fever and I can't move? Not anymore!" and trying to book it from there.
(07-31-2022, 05:10 PM)Snake Wrote: I'm split between a thumbs up and thumbs down.

On one point, it would make traveling take less time, on another it would make traveling take less time. You get me?

It has the potential to kill wilderness RP. And with the current player movement speed, it's not like we have an easy time halting people from going past us if they decide to ignore someone who's standing by a road waiting for strangers.

The only way I could see this being plausible is if this was not such a constant. For example... To use a Horse, it'd put the poor beast in a hefty cooldown in one of the stables by one of the Great Four, for like an IC day or two.

I can see why.
It's just not gonna stop people from just running pass you regardless, horse or not...

[Image: Dm78XXKlTkGJdpOVvIkn]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Skullcatrons's post:
  • Snake
Despite concerns of people not stopping to smell the flowers (the flowers are kunai in this example) I still think horses are worth adding because it simply adds a lot of depth and realism to the world and adds a really cool element of rp.

I don't think going faster is going to be a huge detriment to rp out in the wilds. Heck, it might make people explore and travel more, giving more chance they will see you.
#UnicornYoukai
Bump.

We will horse again.
9 years in and we still don't have mounts...
Free the horses.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
Horse sweep
[Image: orDF4cJ.jpg]
We walked enough