Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magnetic Shield Does Not Intercept Bullets/Arrows
Magnetic shield's property, "Redirects Bow and Gun attacks on allies within 2 Range to yourself," does not work at all. Both bullets and arrows will hit the target in your party, regardless of whether you stand within 2 or 1 range of them. The soldier skill 'Protect' will still intercept these attacks, but the Magnetic Shield does not.
Could you elaborate on the conditions you used to test this?
Sure.

To start, I partied with one other player and engaged a Magic Gunner in combat. With the magnetic shield equipped, I stood 2 tiles away from my teammate. The gunner shot at my teammate, and all of the shots hit them, and did not get redirected to me. I tried the same thing with my Youkai within 2 tiles of me, and still did not intercept bullets for them. I repeated the same test but had an Arbalist shoot bows at my teammate/Youkai within 2 tiles. Again, all shots hit them without issue. Even within 1 range, the magnetic shield does not redirect either attack so long as 'Protect' is turned off. Protect can redirect bullets and arrows within one tile regardless of your shield. So, to summarize, the shield just doesn't redirect anything. Ever.
This should be corrected.