Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Serious wounds
(09-20-2021, 07:08 PM)InsainArcaneBirdbrain Wrote:
(09-20-2021, 05:25 PM)Snake Wrote: Maybe the ones that need to be toned up are Stab/Concussion/Cut/Burn/Acid Burn and Frostbite.

Ear Injury needs to be nerfed on its gimmick. Maybe making it so the text's font size is forced to be reduced to a smaller number like 1. It's a roleplaying game. Mechanics don't need to dictate 100% of what you perceive or not, imo.

I don't mind a cold ending in someone being treated as over encumbered, since that's what you get for not treating them in time. But maybe making your character sneeze from time to time, to show off that they're not feeling so hot is also a good deal.

Hmm, I took some time and thought up some possible side effects that would make the wounds stand out more.

Stab/Cut: Acts as a reverse food buff, in the sense any battles you finish (or if a hour ticks passes) causes you to lose HP. You are just kinda bleeding out if you leave something like this untreated after all.

Concussion: Not too sure honestly. Perhaps the same as above, but for FP?

Burn: Causes the person to lose fire res based on severity.

Acid Burn: Causes the person to lose def/res based on severity similar to the acidity debuff.

Frostbite: Same as Burn, but for ice res?

While I have nothing against those, I kinda also meant in battle cause inflicting wounds on monsters is literally doing nothing, so I add a bit if you don't mind. So I believe stab/cut wounds already have a lingering damage effect? though its something like 5 damage every two rounds or something equally laughable at crippling.  Heck you do not even receive crippling wounds that often.

Anyway, I am surprised people are not actually just knocking it out from the get go. I figured most would be on the fence about those, cause they make the grind a bit harder. 

ANYWAY², I pitch in some effects ontop for in battle. I will label the severity of wounds "WL" for "Wound Level".

Cut: Lingering Slash damage equal to WL*10 (meaning 50 damage at crippling)
Stab: Lingering Pierce damage equal to WL*10
Concussion: Reduce Hit and Evade by WL*5+confused at WL 3 and higher(?)
Burn/frostbite: reduce elemental resistance 5+WL*5 
Acid Burn: reduce Armor/Magic armor by WL*2 (or Def/Res, whatever)
Ruptured Ear: Reduce evade versus attacks behind you WL*5 (cause can't rely on hearing? clearly you also gain sound resistance cause you can't hear stuff)

Are those actually all wounds we have? We should probably also expand the list to include other elements, so they do not feel left out. The wound system kinda has been added as a Pilot and was never touched again, which is kinda a shame. 

also QUESTION:
Is there a mechanic in place that prevents you from getting more than one wound per battle, increasing a wound? Cause I can not remember ever seeing getting more or dealing more than one wound per battle at all. Heck, I think even when I AoEd a bunch of mobs I only ever saw one of them get a wound.

Is that a thing or am I crazy?

also wouldn't mind more RP gimmicks like the sniffling or sneezing for cold and stuff. A note when someones examines them (a small pop-up text in chat) would also be nice, so people outside of party might be able to actually see wounds.
And...Also the possibility to self-inflict wounds for RP effect would be nice.
You're just unlucky. That's the only reason why I'd vouch against making wounds more rare than they are. At most we're working with the same chances of dropping a 10* item. (generally 0.5%~1.5% per damage proc, but mostly based on how big it is vs enemy DEF/RES)

Anyway:

Cut: Lingering Slash damage equal to WL*10 (meaning 50 damage at crippling)
-- This is alright.
Stab: Lingering Pierce damage equal to WL*10
-- This is alright.

Concussion: Reduce Hit and Evade by WL*5+confused at WL 3 and higher(?)
-- This is not alright. I'd say this should grant both Worn Out LV15 and Clumsy with permanent duration on battle start. The mentioned debuffs are more fitting for ruptured ear.

Burn/frostbite: reduce elemental resistance 5+WL*5
-- This is alright, but it should be 'all' elemental resistances, and they stack together.

Acid Burn: reduce Armor/Magic armor by WL*2 (or Def/Res, whatever)
-- DEF/RES, yes.

Ruptured Ear: Reduce evade versus attacks behind you WL*5 (cause can't rely on hearing? clearly you also gain sound resistance cause you can't hear stuff)
-- Reduce Hit and Evade by WL*5 and inflict Confusion permanently on battle start. Then, certain hearing-based effects are prevented from targeting you such as Blind Fighting, Charisma (Motivate), Convert, etc.

Ill Will: Whenever you use a rage-based effect, you are inflicted with Confusion for 2 rounds.

Fever: Reduces all your status by 50%. Makes you sneeze every round end, inflicting Hesitation/Fear on all enemies around you.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I was careful with giving clumsy cause it can quite literally shut down a whole class, though I guess that would be a fine bonus for a Crippling Concussion...Cause you know? thats kinda no joke.
brun/frostibte for all elements might be too strong especially when they stack.

I am okay with the rest, just little nitpick on Fever, cause Fever isn't nessecairly about sniflfing and sneezing, espically its its a wound induced infection one and obviously no hesitation fear on people around you, lol. Silly kuan. Its not Corona-chan.

I forgot about illwill, but I could also see it reduce Staus resistance by WL*10

A few new ones:

Dark Damage: Inflicts Illwill (cause I think the only source we have of that is walking over spirits?)

Lightning Damage: Paralyzation. Kinda an upgraded Hesitation, that also works on Skills/movement WL*5

Water Damage: Uh, not sure about name, but I assumed something thats kinda like filling their lungs with water/damaging lungs. So a Soffocating effect? Either a silence, or some damage overtime thing I guess? Or Both? Maybe also just awkwardly permanently soaked for raisins. Crippling wet, hell yeah.(A joke I do not actually know)

Earth Damage: fractured bones. Reduces SWA by 3*WL and Physical DR*WL (Since its a more defense Orientated element I figured reducing atk power would fit it)

Wind Damage: Uhhh....No idea. Winded, clearly. Winded, worn out level 5*WL Maybe hit and evade debuffs? Just wind resist down? (No idea about this one, I kinda associated it with slash damage personally)

Light: Uhhh...Mercala sees and judges your every step WL*100? (I kinda do not want to give it blind, might also just be a elemental resistance decrease.)

I could also see different types of injuries for the same damage type, on different body parts which come at random.