Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paladin Class!
You know, I'm a fan of spooky things. The edgy, the dark, the evil and the depraved. But at the same time, SL2 has a lot of spooky classes. Ghost is literally Masochism, the class. Hexer is the closest thing to necromancy we will get, and is full of curses. Void Assassin's name is the edgiest thing I have ever heard; and Black Knight while not inherently 'Bad Guys Use This' type of class, it invokes the Black Wind. Wind that comes literally form the Void.

We also seem to be lacking Tank-based classes. I am a fan of tanking. Tanking is fun in almost any game or MMO. Standing there and taking laughable damage while your allies nearly get one-shot is always fun. We do have Arbalest for a ranged tank, and we do have Black Knight for a straight-tank. However say you don't want to be a tank that uses bows or mystical powers that come from the Void, what options do you really have?

This is where Paladin comes in. It is more than a tank class, it is also somewhat a Support Class. We have Black Knights, why can't we have literal White Knights. So many people have wanted to play Paladins, but Curate-based classes up until this point, and other tanking classes just haven't really synergized properly.

Pros and Cons of this class right away is that it is EXTREMELY bulky, probably more bulky that Black knight, the flaw of it however, is it is very Faith Dependant to do serious damage, and most of it's skills are completely useless if your Faith is trash. It is the kind of class you pick if you want to be the kind of person who helps your friends endure punishment while they do damage. I also didn't include maximum ranks and FP costs, because I'm honestly bad with balancing multi-stage skills.

Anyway, onto the ideas for Unlock Method, Growths and Skills. This is SOMEWHAT a work in progress, but I think there's enough here to make it be able to to be considered.

Unlocking
Quote:Curate must be your main class. Cast Graft while having a Melee Weapon (Dagger and staves excluded) equipped into your main hand, while also wearing Heavy Armor. Curate must be at level 20+, and Soldier must be at level 10+.

Growths
Quote:20 STR
0 WIL
0 SKI
0 CEL
30 DEF
30 RES
40 VIT
20 FAI
0 LUK

Skills
Quote:Offense
Smite and Cleave: A Light attack that factors in Faith+STR + WPN Power, with a bonus based on Rank.
Wall of Justice: Knocks back all enemies adjacent to you, doing Damage equal to STR/2+FAITH/2 Upgrading increases the range by 1, upgrading again makes these tiles leave a small AoE that deals Light magic damage that scales off Faith.
Guardbreak: Requires a shield equipped. A Paladin is a master of defenses, so much so they know how to undo them. A Light-damage attack treating the opponents Defense and Resistance as if they are 0.
Mercala's Wrath:You unleash the fury of Mercala upon the target, dealing unresistable Light damage equal to the total HP you lost since your last turn, up to (10*Rank)% of your Maximum HP. If the damage dealt would be 100 or higher, the target is also Knocked Down.

Defense/Support(I really didn't know how to seperate these)
Slay the Night: Weapons are treated as if they have the Holy enchantment for 3 rounds.
Divine Guidance: Weapons are treated as if they have the Blessed enchantment for 3 rounds.
Repel the Shadows: Requires a shield to be equipped. For 3 turns, Dark damage is reduced by rank*10%, as well as the target being granted immunity to Darkwater tiles.
Aegis of Light: For a number of rounds equal to rank; while guarding, You and adjacent allies are immune to knockback and knockdown effects.
Basking in Glory: If Paladin is your main class, this skill is always active so long as it is equipped. Otherwise you must trigger it, lasting for 4 rounds. Enemies who hit you will realize you are protected by your faith, taking Unresistable Faith/4 Light damage when hitting you with a physical attack. This effect is doubled against Vampires and Undead.
Bond between Comrades: Can only be used on allies. Faith/2% magical damage done to your allies is instead reflected onto you for 5 rounds.
Stalwart Aura:Sound Mind and Body's effect is active at half the value for allied units within 2 range.

Passive
Sound Body and Mind: Reduces the chances you will be hit with a status effect by 5%*Rank.
Faithful Resolve: Faith/2% chance to negate all damages from a hit that would be a finishing blow, as well as removing status effects that increase damage against you or deal damage-over-time(Poison, Burn, Claret Call, Hunted, etc). Once triggered, this skill cannot be used for another 6 turns.

Innate
Mercala's Love: Every time a Mercelan Domain spell is used, 1/5th the FP cost is returned to you as HP, with a Minimum of 2.
Crusader: Dealing Damage to Undead, Vampire, Possessed, ETC Foes will result in your HP being restored by Rank*5% the damage you deal.

**Made some Alterations based on Recommendations form Chaos
Spooky, scary, Death-metal princess.
"A wounded man shall say to his assailant, 'If I live, I will kill you, if I die, you are forgiven', such is the rule of Honor."

Messages In This Thread