Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paladin Class!
As much as I like the class, it comes off of Curate, which admittedly has Priest and Lantern Bearer, however it's a class based around WIL+FAI. Not simply STR+FAI. If anything, I could see this class coming to be used for.. Soldier. Or some other physical class that actually uses swords. No offense to you, Tori. Just seems like it's better for Soldier.

Anyways uh. Back to the class at hand.

Smite and Cleave should probably take 5, if not 6 momentum. Since you're attacking twice, which is kind of ridiculous if it also deals FAI extra damage and applies on-hits and that all. If nothing else, it should be 5 Momentum. Meaning that a crit will let you attack again.

Wall of Justice is. Strange? Yeah. Thats a word. It essentially crates a 2 tile Diamond around your character that deals STR/2+FAI/2 Damage as an auto hit... and uh. Makes tiles unable to be 'touched by enemy units'. Whatever that means. Does it mean they can't walk there? Does it mean they can't attack anything in those tiles? We just don't know. Either way, kind of broken and OP.

GuardBreak. Okay. So, not even going into the territory of "Why does this exist" but. You perform a basic attack, with no penalty to your hit. That completely ignores Def and/or Res. Which means you deal a flat out STR+WPN POW+OTHER damage. Alongside FAI/2 Magical Damage right after that also ignores RES. So, essentially. True Damage. It only requires you to have a shield, and if you were to go... say. Kensei or Ghost with a Crit-kana. You'll absolutely trash tanks. So. This is kind of OP and probably would require you to use 6+ Momentum, otherwise it's just TOO good.

Wrath of the Gods is. Okay, lemme get this straight. You get FAI, FAI*2, FAI*3 hit/crit... until you miss? With 30 FAI, which is generously low for a class with 20% Fai. You acquire, at max, 210 HIT/CRIT. Then you take a very minor debuff for 2 rounds of 0 faith. Before you can activate Wrath of the Gods again to get 30, 60, 90, 120, 150 CRIT/FAI. Which is already kind of ridiculous. But lets assume you're a Paladin with good DEF, FAI, and STR. Okayish SKI. Using that one Crystalizing Sword and Smite+Cleave, you'd be doing a ton of damage. Hell, simply using a class/ANYTHING with a dagger here would be aids. Using that dagger set into Wrath of Gods, Attack, get behind on a crit of smite and Cleave, Cutthroat, smite and cleave again. You get ridiculous damage. Or if you want HORRENDOUSLY high damage. Get behind someone with a DAG, "Okayish" FAI. And a shield. Then proceed to True-Damage a 2x damage Crit on someone and watch as they cry. Noooottt feeling it.

Slay The Night. Uh. Sure? That's very useless, honestly, and only good for the metagame. So. Yeah. Sure. Whatever. Maybe allow it to be applied to allies for maximum cheesiness.

Divine Guidance. Uhhhhhhhhh. FAI extra hit.... You seem to alread-- Ah whatever. Sure. Just take it. Maybe if you apply it to an allies weapon it uses your FAI instead of theirs.

Repel The Shadows is. Uh. I mean, I'd never use it because Darkness damage is kind of really uncommon. At least uncommon enough in high damaging quantities to ever be painful. Hexer's use split damage, and its usually the status effects you're most likely worried about, not the darkness damage.

Aegis of Light... Uh. Kind of useless. But. Sounds sort of like a free Cobra against physical damage so. Probably. Not as useful as it sounds? Oh right. FAI%. So yeah, I'd probably never waste the time of day on it. (ba dum tsh)

Basking of Glory is actually useless and I don't see why anyone would use it. Someone takes FAI/5 ((Lets say 50 FAI, because you're a powergaming sleaze)) Light damage whenever they hit you with a Physical Attack. Thats uh... Only really effective against those gun nerds. Since it's "HIT" and all.

Bond b. Comrades is actually kind of nice? I mean. It's only useful in a team fight, and will more than likely get you utterly murdered. But good on you for taking a hit for a friend! Sucks if you and your friend get AoEd though.

Passive time now. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO--

Sound Body uh. So it gives you like. 25% chance to just not get those statuses? Or does it give you 25% extra resist against them? If it's just 25% extra resist, it's useless against things that auto do those status effects against you. So. Just having a 25% chance to not get hit by that stuff is kinda neato. Kinda lame, but neato to say the least.

Same thing applies for Sound Mind.

Hey cool. Now I can give that neat stuff to my allies. 12.5% here I come!

Faithful Resolve is a kinda neat "LAST STAND" thing. Ghost did it better, though.

INNATES.

... But Mercala Spells like. Aren't that expensive. And if you're the one casting it. You're casting it REALLY TRASHILY BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO WILL.

Crusader. Eh. Whatever. Sure. Go ahead and fuck a vamp's day up.

Messages In This Thread