Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Appearances & Communication
Quote:sly might have been slightly aggressive, but you definitely didn't help things. and going "nuh uh i dont have to explain it im not breaking the rules" sounds like it's fair, but if you're really just someone in a costume, say so.

I didn't necessarily want to give that sort of information out in OOC. If I had known that it was a GM, though, that's an entirely different story.

Quote:as you claimed, there are a lot of people doing stupid things, so if you can't give a clear explanation of what you're doing and why it's okay, you're going to be assumed to be one of them

Makes sense. I'll try to give folks the benefit of the doubt in the future.

Quote:From experience, a good idea be putting disclaimers in an obvious, easy-to-see spot in your descriptions to avoid certain things like this. (A simple "(Disclaimer: Not really X/X is fake/etc.)" usually works.) Because I tried to make a character with costumed legs and then Sly got a bunch of comments because I didn't do that. Then I fixed it and shit chilled. I'm assuming you didn't have something like this if this had to happen. If you do, well, make it bigger. It saves the trouble, and if someone metagames that? Well. You just tell a GM about it and move on. And, uh, I'll go over two things that actually caught my eye when reading this.

Sounds like a good idea. Seeing as there's no adminhelp or reporting verb or anything like that, though, it seems the only way to contact a GM is to either use OOC or know them personally. The former isn't very productive and the latter seems pretty slimey and underhanded- plus, I can imagine that a dozen people pestering the same GM over and over about rulebreaking can get aggravating, so. How does one go about reporting that sort of thing?

Quote:This is kinda an issue too, and is completely understandable. Coming up within IC parameters can be confusing because both Sly and Chaos don't have things that can identify them as GMs. The cons are exactly what you were talking about, but the pros are that it's a bit easier to catch rulebreakers in the act when nobody knows that's a GM's character. Although most people who've been around for awhile know Reserved Thaumaturge is Slydria and Heavy-Layered Warlord is Chaos.

Noted.

Quote:Well, first... Liches have a skeleton skin.

I honestly didn't know much about liches beyond them being beings of energy and generally looking like black blobs with general humanoid shapes, so whenever I saw skeletons, I thought they were just GMs or something. Thanks for informing me!

PS I have nothing against Undertale. It's a pretty cool game.

Quote:Mechinations are a bit different, and Dev has stated that they cannot be pregnant, but there's not really anything saying that they can't live a normal life or go insane. Hell, I thought the point of Mechinations (for the most part) was to be passing them off as humans for a long time, and that is indeed what most people do. Real-life playbys I don't think are against the rules, but I could be wrong. It's more like real-life face icons and playbys are just not done because almost the entire community uses anime playbys. And we know you're talking about Sora's demon baby icon, let's be real here. It's quite clearly an OOC joke. Michio literally had memes as face icons, so it's not that big of a deal. It's only a slight inconvenience to player who try to play for immersion.

'k.

Quote:I really wish when I said this:

Reserved Thaumaturge says "(Hope that's an illusion or a costume or something because you can't play a literal stuffed animal.)"

You would have just simply replied with yes, it's a costume. That would have been the end of it. Sending mixed signals with vague answers just complicates things.

Yeah, I took that way too seriously/aggressively than it actually was meant. I definitely have fault in escalating the situation rather than de-escalating it.

Quote:- The joke faces thing. I'm on the fence about it. While it sometimes irks me, I don't think I'd consider it rule breaking. And using an actual picture of a human for a profile is okay but since most people use anime style pictures, it is pretty jarring when it shows up.

- As for playbys, here's the deal. They're acceptable to an extent. Pictures are fine but when it starts including things like the actual character's personality, descriptions, names/aliases and so on, that definitely treads into blatant copying which is not acceptable.

I've seen plenty of instances where folks' characters act just like their playbys (see: Sans) so I 'unno if I'm just spotting them before a GM confronts them or what. Joke faces don't bother me at all personally, they're just a clearly grey-area thing to consider.

Quote:Yes, Sly could have been more up front about being a GM, but you also shouldn't expect people to accuse you of rulebreaking just to be assholes; even a normal player pointing that out is just trying to help out by making it so you don't need to interact with the GMs directly, in order to make everyone's lives easier.

Most SL2 players I've interacted with OOC'ly have come off as rude/aggressive, in my experience. This isn't to say that what I experienced is how they really are or says anything about the community, but I think that the way I responded, albeit wrong, was understandable. I definitely didn't consider, atleast, that a player would confront me so that a GM didn't have to. That's just something I couldn't imagine happening in SL2. So, that's my b.

Altogether, I appreciate all of your posts and I'm glad that this was resolved quickly!
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]

Messages In This Thread