Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSA: Shady Stuff - Important Read
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11540#p11540 Wrote:AudioFreakXD » Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:47 pm[/url]"]Balthie, can I ask why this is an issue? I am sorry, but I see the point on what's been done wrong. They at least put it somewhere that isn't on SL2. Honestly, if the person feels violated, I don't blame them. But they did it to their character, not them directly.

But, that's just my point of view and my lack of understanding.
Today kids, we're going to learn about slander, libel, and plagiarism

Essentially what is going on, without knowing full context of the RP from the site Balthie mentioned, is somebody is using her character, picture for picture, word for word, in ways that are proving to be slanderous. The issue is, is that someone in the SL2 community has decided to take what was probably an OOC dislike for Balthie/Victoria, and gone somewhere else to slander their likeness so as to avoid SL2 punishment.

Even if it's done with a character's likeness, it is still a direct attack against the player as well, to use the likeness they've created in its' entirety. It's a form of plagiarism, and by context of the site, probably for nefarious action.

Messages In This Thread