Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SL2 Running slow
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11963#p11963 Wrote:Neus » Sat Jan 30, 2016 4:08 pm[/url]"]Yeah, you'll want to use hardware mode, otherwise the game doesn't use your GPU to draw things. I can see why that would cause considerable CPU usage in weather or during animations because it has to draw more images per second that way. Anyway, Zakizo, BYOND pager -> Gear icon -> Preferences -> Games. Make sure the hardware option is ticked.
Oh, that. Yeah, I tried with it on and off, both still crippled my frame rate after a short time of playing on both the overworld and towns, and make it unbearable to stay in any town where weather is actually happening. It's gotten to the point where 9 times out of 10 (probably a small exaggeration because I don't actually count), unless completely necessary to endure it to get where I need to go, I avoid entering areas experiencing weather entirely because I know that I'll be forced to relog just from passing through... though often I find I need to relog anyway just from passing by a place on the overworld that's experiencing weather, since it also appears on the overworld map. The area overlays in battle like mists and whatnot don't seem to bother my client at all, so it's strange.
[Image: 5a7229cbed.png]

Messages In This Thread