Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranylyn's reasoning: BW Tweak.
I get it. Experimental system. Rushed. Prone to change.

My suggestion is simply a logical tweak that might save a lot of sifting through, and it pains me to say this, "butthurt complaints." An idea for how to -easily- adjust the system.

Thoughts on BW: Not an inherently bad idea, and probably meant to balance the Bodyguard armor, which was apparently being maliciously exploited in PVP. In general, meant to limit heavier weapons and armor to heavier classes. Good idea in theory.

Current issue: BW = Str. Str doesn't have particularly high gains overall. 30% str is common enough (Kensei, BK, VA) with 40% as the highest (Arbalest.) As such, it is very unlikely that most str based classes will pass a base str of 45. Even a simple Half Plate (one of the lighter "passable" heavy armors) weighs closer to 30, and an axe pushes you over the limit, for terrible hit penalties. A bodyguard alone almost means taking hit penalties UNARMED.

Tweak suggetion: Naturally, some classes are "heavier" by default: Arbalest and BK (Very arguably ghost because of axe skills.) These are the heavy armor classes that use axes. And heavy bows, in the Arbalest's case. As such, if one of these is your base class, you should recieve a passive modifier to BW that does not cost SP. Str x 2 instead of Str should be sufficient to allow them (The classes literally intended, according to the game, to have the heavy armor and weapons) to fight efficiently with their heavier gear without giving a free pass to "lighter" classes to go all heavy.

Reason for tweak suggestion: The modifier is that high because Arbalests literally need to stack weight; the heavy bow for bonus power, the heavy ubweapon for cannon skills, and of course, heavy armor to endure as they do so; the unlock requirements involve heavy armor, after all! As well, BKs are in a similar boat; Armor + axe alone already goes over what most BKs can carry. No one else really needs such heavy gear.
*loud burp*

Messages In This Thread