Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranylyn's reasoning: BW Tweak.
Right, since we're on the topic of BW, I want to bring up some things concerning mages. Because currently I don't like the system already, and how it messes with my ideal for wielding a tome and Spelledge for melee combat is even worse. It's really making me dislike this system so far.

On the topic for classes that don't get strength, they're really cut short, forced to single wield or slap enchants on their weapons in order to make them less heavy (which invalidates some of the weapons when people have / want Divine).

Currently, two tomes, that even remotely can do any decent bit of normal attack damage, both weigh 18 weight, each. That's ridiculous with the new system. I get it, books aren't supposed to be perfectly light, and this balances part of the weight out, but holy crap, nobody is going to hardly want to use Kigal or an Excel Tome now with the implemented changes. It's not really okay or fair to just force people to slap on Floating either (especially when basic or most swords are less in weight than these two), and Kigal doesn't come in Galdric, nor can you craft an Excel tome.

I just Legend Extended last night and ended up with 6 STR due to a stamp mod by about level 6, with a Kigal in my main hand (granted, sure this is a way to get away from Kigal maybe, but still), now I'm currently suffering -24 to HIT and EVADE because I'm 18/6 BW shortly after LE'ing. And I'd planned on getting a Magical Moon so I'd be able to use it in my main hand and Kigal as an off-hand alternate way of attacking at melee range.

Sure, it alleviates EVADE as part of a problem if people don't plan right, but really, now I can barely even attack with my Kigal without having a -24 to HIT at the start of my next extension, and with my classes I'll only get a 22% STR growth as a Zeran Evoker/GS (only for growths before I switch off to LB/GS) with style blending, and 27% with Axys Al. I'll barely get enough STR to even remotely wield the Kigal by itself when I reach lv 60 again.

I say, either some of the heavier tomes, especially these two should be reduced in weight, or BW should be changed to 1.5x STR instead of just 1 STR, because otherwise, Mages will have a hard time getting anywhere with weaponry now due to the BW changes.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!

Messages In This Thread