Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ranylyn's reasoning: BW Tweak.
"80 strength and able to dual wield and wear heavy armor"

Do you realize how silly that statement is Ryu?

Let's look at an Arbalest. Arbalests are heavier, for the better. Their bow should be 20+, so lets go with 21 minimum, offhand heavy as hell. 25+, Armor. Let's go with HALF PLATE, instead of a body guard. That is 21, 25, 25. That is 71 weight, already. If they use a bodyguard, it's nigh impossible. however Dev doesnt care about BG and hates it. it needs to burn.

Let's just go and assume it's a ~normal~ person however. A BK who decides to use a 15 weight spear, and a 30 weight armor. Due to Carapace. They have to, at least, have 45 strength. Not really unreasonable, unless their equipment is Carapace, which means they should probably have, at least, +16 more strength to wield stuff.

Using "WELL I SAW MICHIO ONCE HAVE 80 STRENGTH" isn't a valid arguement. That was before the double-accessory update, and he worked, throwing pretty much .every. bonus available, into his STR. Clocking out at 80 maximum. I don't find anything wrong with this system, it makes strength more of a .needed. stat. Don't like not being able to dual wield? Take Pure Power as an evoker and drop some gear slots. Simple as that.

As it stands, WILL is the most dominant stat about determining ones character, this update made it so that Strength has a TON of bearing on that. You aren't going to be seeing some weak person trying to swing a 40 pound sword like a master anymore, it actually inflicts penalties because of how sluggish you are. I have a lich, currently, who dual wields. They dual wield Mugendai's for the set bonus, and is 6 over their maximum weight atm. Does that stop me from using it, not at all. I spam-cast Magaisendo, etc constantly. I usually don't even eat food, so FP is never even an issue for me, which makes me wonder how your Zeran Evo/GS is having issues keeping FP about if .you. don't cast Sear/Magaisendo with them.

"No problem dual wielding and wearing heavy armor" is a rather big lie though. Almost everyone is having issues with dual wielding currently, hell Galeon can't even wield his gun without falling over dead. ( He's at maximum, so definitely no armor ever ). I personally would love to see more crafting come from this, but trust me whenever I say that Packrat will definitely give a bit more 'weight' limit. The penalties really aren't that bad, just a minor inconvenience.

Messages In This Thread