Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About Game Staff...
I actually considered all those points, myself, which is why...

1) I suggested the deputies need to vote together on things, so friends can't just be let off the hook, and they can't just rail on people they don't like. They don't need the high level of Dev-trust that Sly and Chaos have. They just need to be trusted enough to keep an eye out instead of focusing on their own gaming.

2) If the Deputies are people in good standing (using your example: Fern, since Fern is pretty popular) people are more likely to co-operate than they were with, say, Ryu. While the option to not reveal your status as one is also an option, I'd personally actually be MORE inclined to RP with people who make it their responsibility to help inform people of times they contradict the lore/ violate the rules, since I'd prefer to RP with people who give a crap about the Lore and aren't all about memes. As well, one only needs to acoid GMs if they're breaking rules. Being avoided by anyone is actually an indicator to watch them closely.

3) Chaos and Sly do indeed have a lot to manage, what with Chaos running the guard and all the reports from normal players (I know I've personally reported a lot of crap, and I can't be the only one.) That's actually a big reason of why I thought of this. This system's endgoal is to reduce the GM workload. The Deputies would of course need to work together with GMs when needed, but can otherwise work among themselves until something needs to be brought to GM attention. People could also report things to the deputies who chose to make themselves public if GMs are offline, further reducing the workload by spreading it across multiple people.

But that's just my opinion, and thank you for your feedback. I do definitely see what you mean, and I'm well aware I'm oversimplifying it a bit.
*loud burp*

Messages In This Thread