Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm curious where everyone stands on this.
Examples will be withheld to protect individuals. I'm not here to start anything. I'm just curious.

Something's been bugging me a bit lately. Now, I fully admit that I'm off my meds so literally everything is bugging me (I do not like the way the light is coming in through my window, raaaaage,) and maybe I wouldn't care at all if I was properly medicated, but I figure, "Maybe it's not just me. Maybe this is actually stupid. I mean, I may as well ask everyone else what they think."

So let me cut to the chase.

It's no secret that I have a metric boatload of keys and alts. I fully admit to being a registered member of Altaholics Anonymous, or I would be if it was an actual thing wait maybe it is, I'll look it up after I'm done here. I've had people think I was Fern because of mentioning my number of keys. Because I have so many keys, I occasionally have a playby someone else wants to use, so I'm usualy courteous and surrender it to them; if they ask "Is anyone using _____" I give them the okay, and if they don't and I just encounter a clone, I just remake the character as something/someone else. As I'm well aware some other people have also done as well. It's especially common when a surge of characters from series becomes a popular trend and I had a character from it for awhile beforehand.

What's been bugging me is... I play SL2 to RP. Some people play SL2 to meme. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like FF6 as much as the next guy and I laughed my butt off at the coding that allowed Sabin to suplex a freaking train, but when I see a character I was playing seriously devolving into "lol ima suplex the arena" I just go... "why?" It basically makes me feel like that kid in the schoolyard sharing his toys, only to have someone else run up to me, kick me in the groin, smash my toys, then pull my pants down and get me in trouble for indecent exposure. When did "RP Mandatory" become "lolmeme memedatory" anyways?

Now, don't get me wrong. I fully get it is no longer my character once I give it up. But the fact remains that it's a character I can no longer use being used for the exact opposite purpose of roleplay. And the entire reason I give characters up is to encourage more people to play more characters so we can get some more varied RP. So....

I know some people have said not to care about who plays what characters, just do your own thing and clones will pop up regardless. But I'm wondering where everyone else stands on this.
*loud burp*

Messages In This Thread