Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm curious where everyone stands on this.
I'm honestly not too sure what the issue you're addressing is exactly. I also re-read over your post a few times, as it was sort of confusing at first, but I think I'm close to your point. If it's 'the RP environment in SL2 isn't serious/consists majorly of people spouting memes' then, yeah, I've issues with that. Even if that may be an exaggeration, I think anyone who looks in the Arena more than once or twice a day knows exactly what I'm talking about.

It's gotten to the point where I've lost my will to play the game because very few concepts of mine would mesh well in the current public RP environment. Which, in my mind tends to be 'willing to put up with mentally insane people for more than an hour and/or will actually get along with them'. Seriously, beyond a few small talks in Cellsvich or when the Arena is deserted, unless you drag someone off, you're going to be dealing with a crowd of crazy people doing dumb shit.

Like Ranylyn, I'm not going to name names or throw examples down unless people really want me to, but I think the community knows who's most guilty of stuff like this already. That's not my point ,though. If the majority of people playing SL2 really enjoy the current RP environment, more power to them. I know I'm not the only person who has issues with how the current environment is, and, like those others, I've distanced myself from the game recently as a result.

As to -why- I've issues with it, I feel that a non-serious RP environment damages the RP of anyone who actively tries to roleplay anything remotely serious. Sure, this isn't an issue if you do private RPs or just happen to find the right people, but, more often than not, any attempts at a serious RP in a public environment will result in it being made a joke of what it was meant to be. I'll give one major example of this, that I know a lot of people would agree with--

Bloeden's execution. There were over 20 people there, and some even came back to the game for it. Almost the entire crowd was making jokes either ICly or OOCly, or just not taking the situation seriously at all. It's fine if it's just people being IC, but when it gets to a point where it's just nonsensical all the time regardless of the situation, it makes people not even want to try to do anything remotely serious when it's just going to be met casually.

There isn't much to be said as to how to 'fix' it if people really enjoy that sort of roleplay. Those who dont either simply leave, or just seek RP in other places or in more private situations. Or just bear it, like I did for awhile.

Messages In This Thread