Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boss? More like fodder!
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=13388#p13388 Wrote:Exxy » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:19 pm[/url]"]I wouldn't buff existing bosses, I would rather add new ones that are stronger- there's no point in buffing bosses for a character that's already well into their 'end game' persay just to have newer characters or even new players [strike](yes, new players are a thing and are not mythical unicorns)[/strike] that haven't got a good foothold yet struggle too much.

That being said, I would -love- to see stronger bosses and not specifically locked into the "Main Story" either... maybe even some that are literally designed to be past unforgiving.

A quick idea of implementation: you get down to the core of a dungeon... have full-cleared it up until the very end. You have a core in your inventory that you haven't spent [strike]because all core drops are trash anyway[/strike] and decided to activate it near the dungeon's core. Then a buffed version of said boss or new one takes the place of the dungeon's regular boss and, of course, their minions appear to greet you.

Edit: No offense but. . . God no, PLEASE no. I think it's pretty safe to write Accel off as a failure and put it on the shelf. It was a good idea that went down horribly from what I remember.

Your first point is part of why I wanted there to just be tougher bosses that were unique instead. The simpler option is to just make the bosses tougher with level (i.e. give them the better skills as they gain levels, like them only getting super tough at 61+ or something).

I'm all for strong bosses, too, but, I dont want bosses that are just trial and error to such a degree that you instantly die if you're not familiar with the boss, but are cakewalks once you do.

As to your last point, I didn't mean the dungeon prefix, I meant the monster skill Accel, both Jammers and Vorpal Rabbits currently get it.
and chaos loves giving it to mobs he uses
It raises a monster's momentum by 3. To 9. Like the OP suggested.

Making the bosses get tougher in the manners I suggested as they level instead of just being straight up stronger ala Spatial Ravager overhaul would alleviate (in my mind) the issue that newer players would be punished. They can get used to the lower level versions of the boss before challenging the stronger version(s).

Messages In This Thread