Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boss? More like fodder!
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=13389#p13389 Wrote:MegaBlues » Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:34 pm[/url]"]If boss monsters are buffed, I think they should be optional plus bosses. Don't forget to leave the game accessible to those who don't have the perfect setup.
I think players have plenty of avenues and resources they can utilize if their stats aren't PvP-ready. Seriously, if you're going into something tough and you aren't taking advantage of the numerous items that give you an edge in dungeons and/or battle, it's on you for not preparing. In fact, facing a dungeon boss isn't even necessary for anyone that doesn't feel ready for them. There's enough alternatives for loot and experience to where the average player/grinder can safely ignore dungeon bosses until they're set for the challenge. (and no, 'spatial cores have godawful loot' has no real bearing when you can fight a dungeon boss without having to deal with a spatial core)

That being said, regardless of how 'accessible' these bosses are, the fact remains that most of them are boring and too easily dealt with. A solid boss should be able to dictate (if not significantly affect) the pace of the fight, and almost none of the dungeon bosses, save the Spatial Ravager and maybe the Shadow Guardian and/or Lava Slime, can do that.

That being said, while some of them will benefit greatly from Accel, not all of them should have 9 Momentum to work with. However, all dungeon bosses should have at least 7 momentum. I also think that boss fights in crazy dungeons could take a page from Gigas Rex's book and put down two boss mobs to deal with, instead of just one boss mob and a lot of mooks. (except for themes that require mook monsters) That, and give the other bosses the kind of overhaul that Spatial Ravager received a long time ago.

P.S. Let's also try to uncap the base stats while we're at it. Seriously, I think we can find an alternative to keep players from growing their base stats beyond 80 that doesn't involve limiting what stats the bosses can get.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye

Messages In This Thread