Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boss? More like fodder!
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=13473#p13473 Wrote:Ranylyn » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:13 am[/url]"]I was addressing Chaos's point specifically with all that stuff about newer players and how they "shoudn't be bossing since they don't have the means to prepare so it's their own fault for not preparing."

Read it again. Nowhere in my post did I say 'newer players'. I did not even imply anything towards 'newer players'. Whatever you're trying to say about 'how newer players shouldn't be bossing...' doesn't even exist in my post, and especially not in the portion that mentions that people who aren't preparing for relatively difficult content are making it hard on themselves, and that players who aren't ready for dungeon bosses are not forced to go and fight them. What you are doing is twisting my words and inserting 'newer players' into it to get something that's not only completely different from the actual message, but has no real bearing on the topic. How, you ask? Again, this kind of revamp would not be aimed at newer characters to begin with.

Low-level characters can already find a decent challenge with simple dungeon bosses like we already have, and at that point, a Full Clear does not matter much when levels are easily gained from just a few relevant encounters. That doesn't really need to be changed, though you can argue that characters with a Legend Extension or a few under their belt should get the unfiltered version without regard to their level. For everyone else, however, most dungeon bosses rapidly lose ground to all the neat little tricks and special equipment that PCs obtain over the course of the grind, and by the time they're grinding for (what is currently considered) endgame content, they will be hard-pressed to find any challenge in most dungeon bosses. That is what needs to be changed here.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye

Messages In This Thread