Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
in ahmarrykuh, spiel ingles
I think that it would be great for various scenarios in IC if you could speak a language other than common without having to go [x language] before each message. It would keep from the corny situation of:

Dale Dixon says "[Chataran] I hate foreigners."
Jesse Ventura says "(damn I didn't know that Trump supporters play this game)
Guard Commander says "(look at him, talking in another language IC'ly as if we can't see how stupid he looks OOC'ly!)

One could argue that that's more of an issue of people ruining the atmosphere of an event/IC in general with OOC gibberish, but having it so that language directly affected gameplay would enable people to not only just lob insults with a lower chance of being reprimanded, but would also provide for better private conversations, hilarious interactions between guards and criminals who can't speak common, and conflict amongst players otherwise. I envision a number of ways this could be implemented, but the base of it all would be everyone being able to understand common and then being able to speak another language due to one's race or by spending Legend Inks in the Creativity section, which would now be full of languages that one can become fluent in by spending a single point per language. Hence, a Chataran would start off being able to speak Common and Chataran while a Vampire would start off with only Common and would have to spend a Legend Ink on a second language if their character requires it. Two ways that foriegn languages could function in use:

- When Person A toggles on a second (or third or fourth etc) language and Person B understands it, they would see the text accompanied by a marker of some sort indicating what language it is (ie 'Onigan'). However, Person C (who doesn't understand the language being spoken) would just see: Person A speaks in a foreign tongue.
- Same as above, except that it would take two Legend Inks instead of one to become fully fluent in a foreign language. Just having one point spent on a foreign language would mean that you could tell what language is being spoken and have a reasonable chance of catching what they say, but you'll often not be able to get what is being said regardless.

tl;dr let me cuss out dys in Spanish damn it
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]

Messages In This Thread