Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Critical vs Critical Evade
For the sake of clarifying why Critical is considered to be so unfair (And has gotten worse), I've taken it upon myself to list the different sources of Critical vs Critical Evade, as well as methods of boosting Critical Damage vs methods of reducing it.

Critical:
Weapons, Weapon Materials, Components, Weapon Forging
Enchantments (Divine, Vorpal, Reaper, Iceheart)
Skill (1 Crit/1 Point)
Luck (1 Crit/ 1 Point)
Skills that boost Skill (Eastern Wind, Install, Deadly Aim, Vampire Shell, Rising Game, Honed Shot, Fenrir, Typhur, Upgrade)
Skills that boost Luck (Install, Lucky Shell, Rising Game, Vampire Shell, Upgrade)
Skills that boost Critical (Northern Wind, Backstab, Poise and Perfect Poise, Serpent Strikes, Fitting Form, Wazabane, Fight as One, Lucky Shell, Vampire Shell, Bloody Karma, Keyshot, Veil Off)
Skills that lower Critical Evade (Sakki, Black Bubble, Lucky Shell, Vampire Shell)
Sarasha Gi, Beserker Shell

Critical Evade:
Enchantments (Boneheart)
Faith (1 CE/1 Point)
Luck (1 CE/1 Point)
Skills that boost Faith (Install, Upgrade, Staff Mastery, Piety)
Skills that boost Luck (Install, Lucky Shell, Rising Game, Vampire Shell)
Skills that boost Critical Evade (Seiryuu Install, Fight as One, Negation)
Skills that lower enemy Critical (Cripple Arm, Crippling Muysig)

Critical Damage
Weapons
Guile (1% Damage/Point)
Fleur (Critting allows multiple actions)
Deadly Arms

Critical Damage Reduction
Lucky Amulet (by -10%)
Dullahan Racial (-1% per 1 Sanctity)
--

Anything missing from this list is an accident (and will be updated as I either remember or am reminded), and while the effectiveness or lack thereof of the listed items can be debated, the fact that the methods to obtain Critical far outweigh the methods to gain Critical Evade. I can get specific numbers if needed, but I figured that simply listing them would be enough.

I suggest tying Critical Evade to a more core stat than Faith (Defense or Vitality, perhaps), giving Armor Critical Evade, allowing for Armor Components, and introducing many more defensive skills into the game. Because as-is, the game is very heavily offensively oriented, with methods to recover, reduce, or avoid damage being extremely strong where present, which leads to them having been nerfed.

Messages In This Thread