Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Critical vs Critical Evade
I don't think you really made much of an argument for why critical is considered 'unfair', unless you meant that it's easier to get critical than critical evade. However, criticals themselves have gotten weaker overall; the base critical damage modifier is down and you need to spend points in GUI to get any meaningful damage. The only weapon class that gets crit damage for free are daggers; I could understand making an argument for those specifically, either reduced scaling compared to other weapons, or lower base critical damage, something along those lines.

But the way I see it, you need to invest in 3 stats to get the most out of critical hits; SKI, LUC and GUI. To avoid critical hits you only need to invest in two stats; LUC and FAI. FAI as a stat is much less situational than it was before because it gives more Critical Evade, FP, and status resistance now.

I could see some of the 'free' sources of critical being nerfed a bit, namely the class skills that give it passively. But as far as stat point influence goes, I think it's perfectly reasonable the way it is.

Messages In This Thread