Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lunar Lunatism and "d'moon".
"Chaos" Wrote:'drive Lunar Lunatism into absolute uselessness'

That would imply that up to lvl 60ish hesitation and charm are in any way useless, but we can try cooldown, I don't forsee it going anywhere in terms of balance.

Assuming the vampire in question builds about 52 SAN

Quote:I can easily see why Lunar Lunatism has no downsides: It's upsides don't even warrant downsides. Here's why:

1. Each and every status it sports must run through the Status Infliction check. Guess what happens when the target has enough Status Resistance to shrug them off?
My 1400 HP Vampire with lvl 55 charm and hesitation, 30 def 30 res is able to achieve 230 status infliction with hexer, and my healer tank is able to achieve 150 status resistance(and she builds mostly FAI and has Pray, the 3 fairies from grand summoner, regarded as some of the highest status resistance on main server), 20% chance to not inflict. The argument is almost invalid, but I will give it that they all have status infliction checks and thus the vampire in question without hexer or rustic will suffer.

Quote:2. Shaitans can shrug off LL without a second thought, and anyone with Recklessness on their boards can wave off the effects for the same duration as LL's
And every other race? Anyone not running Shaitans or guns gets screwed, no counterplay in this sense, cause only gunners and shaitans can get the immunities, and a priest, but priest is supposed to stop this stuff anyway.

Quote:3. What is arguably the worst of the status effects requires you to be facing them at the start of each round before the infliction chance even runs-- something you can easily cheese in a vast majority of circumstances
How is, in any way shape or form, -50%(or more) damage on a 50+ SAN vampire, useless? Secondly, that vampire only needs to be slow in order to inflict charm, build tanky, while stacking a 50% DR essentially, I could show you this later on my 1400 HP Vampire, very little counterplay is available.

Quote:4. Their FP Regen is about the same level as Kensei's inate
This I do not have a problem with, actually.

Anyway, as I said

Quote:we can try cooldown, I don't forsee it going anywhere in terms of balance.

I'm mainly only saying this because I like the idea of them being super scary, but these buffs make them literally the best race in the game, and can cover their light weakness with sunglasses and idk, a -50% damage charm.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]

Messages In This Thread