Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Equipment Tab
I think the idea could be passable, with a couple of changes:

1: Detailed equipment view only possible in battle. At that point there can be no switching to "hard counter," and any future way to switch in battle would likely consume momentum, and could be responded to in kind. This would ensure players remained able to check for abuse of unknown/unreported bugs, since that's been stated as a concern.

2: This part was suggested already in a way, with equipment viewed outside of battle shown only as the item's type. I'd like to add onto that with "and only if the item in question isn't considered concealable, with concealables marked as 'unknown'." This could be done either on an item-type basis (with things like tomes, daggers, and handguns considered concealable, but larger weapons like swords, axes, shotguns, etc being unconcealed), or dependent on the item's weight. If a player still believes their item should be visible despite being concealable, it could easily be placed in their description.

With all of that said, I wouldn't suggest locking anything behind a trait, talent, or stat barrier. Tucking a knife into a pocket or shoe isn't a feat of significant ingenuity. I'm not all that interested in pvp, but I can see the concerns here.
[Image: 5a7229cbed.png]

Messages In This Thread