Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[PVE Mob Skills] Immolate
(No. The alias in the screenshot is not an ACTUAL "alias." It's her main Youkai's name. I RP the Youkai with the alias and faceicon states.)

Log: http://i.gyazo.com/d3199b499ae53f955655695aa6860ca5.png

For awhile, now, I've noticed that Immolate seems to do too much damage. In this screenshot, I've included Sierra's stats and a snippet from an arena chat log where Immolate (Presumably mitigated by Resistance, since it completely decimates some of my more defensive characters) outdamaged a 25% weakness (that also likely scales against resistance, for the same reasons.) A little bit of simple math shows that without the 25% weakness, Petrification Gaze would have only dealt 20 damage, vs Immolate's 27 unmodified.

This may not seem like much, but at higher levels, it can get fairly absurd. Alanna Whisperwind, my Doriad, has enough Fire Resist to nullify her weakness, and over 50 res. Against level 50+ Wings of Fire, she takes over 70 damage per immolate. Alanna can tank firesplitters better than she can tank Wings of Fire. At least Firesplitters can only boom once.

Could we get a clarification on the mechanics behind Immolate, and possibly discuss ways to make it a bit more in line with other PVE Mob skills?
*loud burp*

Messages In This Thread