Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elemental Shells
So, as far as I can tell, the elemental shells for Magic Gunner are kind of in a weird spot. The Shell Power * 2 unresistable thing is kind of interesting, but it's overall a pretty negligible amount without QUITE a few rounds in your stock or using One Overcharge. Even then, it's just a nice little bonus rather than being actually focused on elemental damage. Not quite worth tagging a weakness except that you're getting the +1M for it. Magic Gunners also have access to a good selection of elements without actually investing any stats as a result. Wound up thinking on it a bit at work, and I thought this might be an interesting change to the way it works currently.

Instead of Shell Power * 2 elemental damage being ADDED to the attack with the respective shell type, how about splitting the damage using Shell Power as a formula? The base idea I'm working with is something like ((Shell Power * 5) + 10)%. In other words, 15%/20%/25% of your gun's damage would be split to the respective element (and use your elemental atk as scaling for that, rather than your gun's) and the rest to your normal bullet damage (85%/80%/75%).

One-Overcharge being used with a Shotgun/Sniper would crank that up to a whopping 50/50 split per attack (at Rank 5 and with all 3 Ranks in a shell, mind), giving elemental one-shots a real punch if you pick your weaknesses properly.

I haven't had terribly long to think over and refine it, but I feel like it encourages investing in the shell elements you'll get the most use out of instead of just buying a point in everything since you're only missing out on 4 damage a shot that way. It also gives magic gunners some use for elemental attack power in something besides Ice. Would really appreciate some feedback from other players though, as understanding this game and its meta is near impossible and I gave up a long time ago.

Messages In This Thread