Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lingering Salt [self-explanatory]
Lingering Damage is a pretty trustable DPS, but after the mage rework, one instance of it started becoming a little too much to bear.
Wind Slasher's lingering damage.

A person with simply high enough inflict and not even WIL can still do and keep doing [52 unresistable slash damage *3 (rounds) Lingering Damage] with the spell, and even more if they absolute death and analyze weakness with the staff of eyes. Is it this meta's new poison? Surprise, can't be cured too.

Soooo, after talking (read: scratching, biting and screaming at each other like two civilized humans) with Oni Princess for a while, we've came with two small 'solutions' to balance this.

1- Lower the damage number to something like 40 or 30.
(I say 40 damage, because this is pretty much the cap on Incise's Lingering Damage, so I deduct this is the maximum damage it should do on someone with 0 DEF/0 armor. [we all know physical damage can be reduced by alternative ways like Waraji and Know No Pain, even if it doesn't target DEF] She, otherwise, said 30 because 52 is 'too much for something that can't be cured', and everybody's overall high HP doesn't justify it being so high, which I also agree.)

OR

2- Healing cleanses/reduces duration.
Make healing spells (Graft, Second Chance, Malmelo, Healing Dyscharge, Phoenix), Silvermists, Cleanse Body and Repair cleanse Lingering Damage. And healing skills (Meditate, Aid, Rebound, Field Medic.) halve the LV and Duration. And leave the numbers high. (Incise may need a buff, or the cap removed, then.)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]

Messages In This Thread