Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shotgun tweaks.
I want to discuss the possibility of changing shotguns to be a more unique weapon type, right now they're just classified as single shots with less range and less critical and hit than an excel sniper, I kind of want to suggest a few changes to them to make them a bit more unique.

-Shotguns can be limited to a very short range, and will not benefit from Volley, volley formation, long barrel, etc.

-Shotguns can have better/worse damage in certain ranges, in 1 range a shotgun will have 1.25x damage, in 2 range a shotgun has 1.0x damage, in 3 range it has 0.75x damage.

-Shotguns can shoot in a new, unique cone-like formation, similar to how firthrower and jackhammer have unique ranges that set them apart from other guns, shotguns can shoot in an AoE in a very limited range, being short ranged AoE powerhouses that can obliterate clumped up groups of monsters.

Normal:
[Image: cd82a38471.png]

Enhanced Range(Can be implemented into a certain weapon part like Double Barrel, or into One Shot Wonder rank 5, or into a new engineer passive, into overcharge, anything really.)
[Image: dd93dc37d7.png]

Would this be too difficult to implement? Any thoughts? I thought this would be cool and push shotguns to be a real kick ass close ranged weapon, and give benefits to running a shotgun over a sniper rifle/jackhammer.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]

Messages In This Thread