Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time and Why it matters
So, in a previous post,

"Neus" Wrote:Time is a game mechanic and shouldn't really be dragged into this considering I've said several times it's okay to outright ignore the passage of it and trying to play it straight can be confusing for everyone involved.

Dev said this. However there's issues, all around, with such things. IC constraints are tied to time, in a lot of ways. Characters can get jailed for 2 IC years. What's to stop them from outright ignoring time and say "oh, 2 years passed in 3 seconds. ggwp".

We've had cases of characters who were... like just born. Able adults at the ripe old age of 15-17 a few ooc months later, whilst the parents have not aged a day, nor has the parents compatriots (who probably had a child around the same time, and is still like 2 years old ic).

I really hate to say this, but time really needs to be regulated. It's silly that it has to be, but stupid outliers are making everything weird and wonky for everyone involved. I'm not gonna say something like Eternia's aging system, but just.. some way to make time not be stupid for some people, and not for other.

Messages In This Thread