Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Crazy Dungeons
As someone who primarily ends up doing non-crazy dungeons and can't handle Crazy dungeons, I'm perfectly fine with leaving things as they are. Just because you can AOE down an entire dungeon effortlessly doesn't mean everyone can, or should be expected to.

I'm with Chaos on this: make enemies smarter, or have more challenging mechanics, not just attack in larger numbers.

Maybe add 'Warped' Dungeons, where enemies have twice the momentum you do?

A part of me also would like to see, as kind of a stretch goal, a dungeon where players can provide the encounter. Having players in control of monsters for a set amount of xp every day, for instance. If they damage opponents/knock enemies out/defeat parties, they receive bonuses to the xp they earn for participating? I've always thought the only thing limiting a lot of monsters in dungeons is that they were controlled by rudimentary AI (Wings of Fire trying to get into melee, Forgeries not trying to move around enemies in order to force them through their fire path, Spectres not spamming Styx Shout from beyond melee range, etc). Honestly, the most advanced AI I've seen is from Mad Vines, who actively try to keep distance from you, and Gorgons, who try to line up to roll at you repeatedly.

Messages In This Thread