Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scaling Derived Stats
"Chaos" Wrote:
"Neus" Wrote:I don't think 1/5 chance to miss even for people who heavily invest in being able to hit something is a great idea.
Be it 1/5, 1/10 or even 1/20, there is no real reason why people who stack up hit should be forced to face a guaranteed chance to miss, especially against people who don't bother with evasion. Same for the other way around; if you don't bother with hit, you shouldn't be able to hit someone who stacks up evade. This is not D&D, after all.

And seriously, evade is nothing more than a deterrent to anything that checks accuracy, much like every other defensive stat in this game deters something (else). It will almost never secure a win on its own, only make victory (a little) more possible by virtue of slowing your opponent's offense down.

This being said, I don't think we really need to have even more stats put through a soft cap. Most of these only seem ridiculous when you consider the extremes. (see: one side heavily invests, while another side doesn't bother) That's not a basis that we should build around, much like we shouldn't center the balance around 1v1s.

Agreed with all except the "balancing around 1v1s" bit (although the latter may be a bit more of denial, on my end, than anything - even if 4v4 combat is an insane clusterfuck 9 out of 9 times).
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy

Messages In This Thread