Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Food For thought, First Edition:Summoner.
Another idea I had over the holidays, this post will be much shorter, don't fret.

I had the thought of either Youkai at certain levels gaining their own unique items (Torso, Hands, Legs, Accessories, ect) to better help them not feel so helpless. Since dragon race youkai as a whole already have decent defense, they still get torn through easy because they lack crit evade. I had a thought that maybe they should have a unique torso item that grants them 'Armor'. Because doesn't it make sense their scales would be hard to naturally penetrate with normal weaponry? And the fairy youkai and Phase Python have plenty of Celerity so they'll go first a majority of the time but they lack any luck to boost their evade to the levels it SHOULD be at. So maybe a special leg item on them that grants additional Evade. And a torso item that grants them access to rogue's 'Evasion' skill. This way they can be squishy as they are, but actually have a little bit of longevity to do what they're meant to do. (Asrai is a special case, we may have to hold off on Evasion for that one due to vitality scaling water damage.)

I also had a thought of if not this way, maybe make youkai items that summoners can find in chests and enemies like other items and in the companions tab the summoner can equip or un-equip these special items to their youkai. As far as lore-wise, maybe they're like ethereal pieces of equipment that sort of fade from view after equipping or something, or perhaps runes that you place on them.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water

Messages In This Thread