Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TRO's Boxer suggestions
"Haunted Evil Pajamas" Wrote:There are many complaints about Boxer being OP and all of that, and honestly I agree, however I feel like nerfing damage alone or changing one large thing wont help. . .

+1, although still bringing them in-line closer to the status quo wouldn't be horrible.

-----

1 (Geist Schritt): My main complaint was, and still is, that the 'prediction' you make on which move your opponent to use is a bit lazed over in discussion. For starters, you're typically forced into one method of attack to excel at (sometimes with a back-up in-case-of-emergency, depending on how you're set up - I suppose there's room for argument this part isn't an issue if we're really going back to the "Item fixes borkness" ordeal with Drehen being fine due to Spiked Treads). My main quarrel with this is when you're faced against Classes with -very- limited avenues for attack (think Mages, who mostly fall into auto-hits if I recall correctly).

2. Most contemporary methods of silence call for being in close proximity, which isn't a very thought-out counter due to that being exactly what a Boxer would want (AKA, if you try cutting off the head known as Asura Strike you will be struck by the rest of the Hydra).

3. I would rather give incentive to using their SS up instead of keeping it capped off for max DPS which is something that happens a lot already IIRC (I honestly feel like the scaling outweighs the limited use of Finishers - preferably with the other skills that are not Finishers being brought down a scmidge to give more reason to reset your SS). This one is probably the biggest issue that should be solved in this thread, if I had to pick any.

5. Orkam Drehen is still an issue, I could care less how others that will (most likely) post on this thread want to defend it. It should either have amazing pull (which is more of a reward with how the rest of Boxer functions) or good damage, not both.

6. Weir Konnen is probably one of the smaller fries on the list since we've cleared up it stacking with the MG Skill that it's a carbon-copy of.

7. From what I've read in your mentioning of Scharfe, which is about the only mentioning I've heard of it (because a high damage auto-hit Class has no use for something like this, as you hit upon already), it seems about as out-of-place as in-tree synergy for Martial Artist Promotions.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy

Messages In This Thread