Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holy Penalty + Functional Casting Tool
"Ranylyn" Wrote:Against something not weak to Holy, Holy is already at a disadvantage since it's an enchant slot that can't be used for something else. I really don't see any reason to give it a further penalty than that. To make it do only 70% of damage - and not just weapon damage, but any spell damage - against literally anything that does not count as Undead/Possessed is quite honestly kind of ridiculous.

I just can't get behind this thread. If enough people support this, I'll say MAYBE 90%. But 70%? No. Absolutely not.

Having no enchant is a marginal disadvantage, with a worst-case-scenario of not having adequate hit rate without borneblood. Having Holy in effect is an enormous advantage, and is potent enough to warrant many, many people running it constantly. It's better to possibly gain the benefit of Holy and often gain no benefit, than to run several other enchants.

All this change does is remove that aspect of Holy, and encourage using it situationally. If you're arguing that everyone mass-using Holy weaponry is not an issue, that's fine, I just disagree. However, I read your pre-edited post, and if you simply think I got pissed off because someone beat my face in with Holy weapons, there's very little reason for me to respond. None of my characters have ever been hit harder with a Holy weapon, because only one is possessed.

All I'm suggesting is allowing more than one archetype to access Holy, and to emphasize knowledge of the weakness over playing minesweeper 24/7.

Messages In This Thread