Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ether Winvitation
"Ranylyn" Wrote:To be fair, I think Lolzy has a good point: Cooldowns are becoming the 4M of current SL2, aka "OMG GIVE IT A COOLDOWN, I'M NOT EVEN LISTENING TO ANY OTHER SUGGESTION, COOLDOWN WHEN!?" People are way too quick to demand slapping cooldowns on everything, even for skills that already HAVE them in a sense (See: Anything on a Ghost that causes Unmarkable.)

That addition was only present to stop people from using the skill on multiple people one after another; the fact that it has Unmarkable made it less significant than slapping a cooldown on a normal skill. This is all fine, however, because what I suggested isn't the main point of the thread.

"Ranylyn" Wrote:EI damage is also reduced by defenses, so you'll NEVER do the max damage (unless you follow up a Buster Cannon or something) since the cap is applied BEFORE defenses, so you'll rarely see above 250-ish, possibly much lower, depending. On a move you generally never get to use more than once in a single 1v1, since you need to be missing considerable HP (500 for max damage) before it even becomes worth using.

Rarely seeing half damage means the vast majority of the server has 50% DR or higher, which is in of itself indicative of how optimal tanking up is as opposed to going evasive.

"Ranylyn" Wrote:While I can appreciate and respect suggestions to make it percentage based, I'm also against it simply since it's possible to make a lower HP character with obscene stacked DR from multiple sources. By making it independant of Vitality/Sanctity, the floodgates are essentially opened to allow "Shuckle"-type builds to abuse it.

This already happens, but with obscene DR and four digit HP. In terms of effective HP, what we have now will always last longer (and use more EI's) than the build you're worried will surface.

"Chaos" Wrote:While Ether Invitation is an easy burst for tank builds, I don't think turning this skill into the Basic Attack equivalent of Mad Chop is the best idea.

If we had to nerf EI, I would perfer that the damage formula becomes (Rank*100)*((HP Percentage + 1)%). In other words, turn the skill's damage cap into the damage it deals, but modify it by how much HP the user has left. (100% HP does jack, 50% HP does roughly half, 1% HP for full damage)

This would make EI far less abuse-worthy for builds with tons of HP, while keeping its damage consistent across the board. (and not just limiting the skill to basic attack/crit builds)

I like this idea too, since it incorporates dynamic scaling at least partially in the formula. Because of how obscenely dead you have to be to hit the full chunk of damage, I'd argue that this might even be too substantial of a nerf and may need the scaling to reach maximum damage earlier (20% HP, or so). If normal weapon damage is to be left out of the equation, this sounds like a solid way to scale it.

Messages In This Thread