Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aptitude, Faith, and Youkai. (Aptitude war vs bases)
I know this has come up before. But let's get real, here: Aptitude should not compete against other stats for doing their jobs, and should instead work together with them. Here's an example of what I mean:

- Aptitude DOES count towards softcaps on other stats
- Aptitude does NOT count towards requirements for things like traits, youkai recruitment, youkai limits, etc.
- This means that, if your race has a low base faith (Say: 0) that you need to go over the softcap and into diminishing returns just to get the maximum number of youkai without the Vorso Verso (which is a 10* boss drop and one of the most sought-after items in the server specifically because it's a 10* boss drop, like freaking seriously) if you put aptitude in at low levels:

42/43 Aptidude = 7 Faith from Aptitude
12 maximum - 5 base = 7 bonus youkai from Faith needed.
5 faith * 7 youkai = 35 base faith required for max youkai.
7 bonus Aptitude + 35 base faith = 42 scaled faith required, which is over the softcap and requires an extra point.

Can this please stop being a thing? "Oh, aptitude gives bonus experience gain, best to pump it early on." Okay, sure, but you're literally only hurting yourself short term; things would go faster if you actually got Tactician first, instead. "Then don't take aptitude, you dork!" Again, only hurting yourself; that exp gain slows to a freaking crawl at a point. "Then only take SOME aptitude!" Then if I join a team without papillions, I still level more slowly and they end up doing a BDP that I'm too low for since they shot ahead a few levels. "Ran, go to bed." I WISH!

One thing I'd like to make clear: I do not want bonuses from aptitude to ignore the softcap, or else aptitude would become 100% mandatory for anyone. I simply mentioned that as "Yeah, it can actually make you need to spend additional points in extreme scenarios, though I think the youkai one is presently the only extreme scenario.
*loud burp*

Messages In This Thread