Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tanks
Here's a few simple setups that I've used to great effect but that I don't have any special gear for or anything. Just some PVE tank builds that would likely get laughed off the battlefield in PVP, but are convenient and easy for lazy and safe PVE solos. I personally don't think any of these (except maybe the last one) would actually be an issue in PVP due to things like reliance on normal attacks and dependance on very specific sequences of actions that could easily be countered just by moving.

Naga
BK/GS
Stats: 80 base Sanctity (not joking) and high Skill/Will/Def/Res/Vit
Equipment: Mugendai, any heavy armor, anything else.
How it works: Hanging. Indomitable. Coil. Between indomitable, black wind, and coil, you have a 36% physical DR and 60% guard, while healing about 20 HP/FP - in addition to the 20 FP/turn from GS + Absorbtion.
Noteworthy Notes: I am NOT joking when I say I joined a 10* hunting party against level 65 bandits while at level 25 to hold a magnifying glass for the party and get some exp out of it, and the bandits could not concievably win against me when the party was stuck on the other side of the map and I had to hold my own. Still, against anything that blocks normal attacks, like spirit pain, it's hard countered.

Lupine
GS/Hexer
Stats: Who gives a crap, it's not the stats that matter, it's the bonuses.
Equipment: A multishot gun.
How it works: Sadistic Renewal + multishot gun = multiple procs per action. Astral Aegis. Just see for yourself: https://i.gyazo.com/ff16e69e9648a1fa65b1...78f584.png (I spent time getting Death Knighting up to make this as hilarious as possible; I wouldn't normally go so many actions without sustaining my FP.) For the record, the base defense is like 22 (+10 from Astral Belt, +10 from Death Knighting, +35 from R5 Astral Aegis with 7 Youkai out)
Noteworthy notes: This works in PVE because the AI focuses down the summoner. In PVP, it would NOT be hard to take down the Youkai, and the summoner itself is basically completely dependant on spamming normal attacks just to sustain it's FP, or the whole thing completely falls apart.

Elf
Tactician/Spellthief
Stats: High San/Fai/Def/Res/Vit
Equipment: Any tome scaling with any of your stats, preferably Fai or San, so a Chorusaf or Mugendai or something. Also, an adversity tunic. Also a shield for Bulwark.
How it works: Get ganked. Graft + Styx Shout. Styx Shout counts as a normal attack, so you get multiple procs of FP recovery for attacking with a tome. Adversity. Your FP is at 100% all the time. Your sustain is never an issue. And the adversity tunic shaves off a significant chunk of the damage you take.
Noteworthy Notes: Bunker formation can make you a bit tankier still.

Glykin
BK/GS
Stats: Vit/Def/Res/San
Equipment: Heavy armor. Nihilist.
How it works: Parraeta x 18892.
Noteworthy notes: Somehow, 18892 became my favorite number when I was like, six. Because I liked how it sounded.
*loud burp*

Messages In This Thread