Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lantern Bearer Rework!
I wasn't going to post at first because frankly I had nothing to add to this thread, I don't like the ideas and I think Lantern Bearer right now is great. But this:

"Egil" Wrote:I don't think that LB has enough going for it right now to justify leaving it the same.

I think this is very wrong, Lantern Bearer has plenty going for it:

- Good damage in a large area with a large variety of elemental choice.
- Good healing in a large area that can revive.
- Provides bonus stats in a large area.
- Can apply debuffs/auxiliary effects in a large area, notably ones such as Blind, Silence and Interference.
- Can provide Elemental Resistance.
- Can provide Status Immunities.
- Curate Promotion means it has access to skills like Pray, Quickness, Rescue, Brighten, Graft, Mass and so on.

Now that's not to say it's perfect, here's what issues I think LB has.

- Lacks status infliction without sub-class Hexer backing it up.
- Focused Beam hitting a little too softly for the trade-off of AoE and bonus effects.
- Golem's effect being particuarly lacking, it could probably use a bonus interaction like how Typhur can knockdown Airborne enemies.
- Guiding Light being a painfully situational skill and thus forgotten entirely, especially now that you can Gentle Embers Altera for the Blind Immunity.
- Raging Flame being too weak after GR. 10 Damage is tiny nowadays.
- Eternal Flame is required, being a sub-class Lantern Bearer and having to manually active Eternal Flame is annoying since it's such a core feature of the class. I really think it should be made a passive where it's always active.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]

Messages In This Thread