Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One-off characters
It happens more and more frequently as of late but it seems to always have been a thing, I am referring to of course the creation of characters that are villainous and only serve the purpose of being killed in some fashion in front of people and in front of the guard force, this has always been a bit of an issue but never one worth raising until now.

Last night, I think something got to me though, a situation occurred in the middle of Cellsvich, so called vampire hunters, a group that the guards have dealt with before, decided once again to attack Cellsvich, and once again each person in the group of vampire hunters was likely a re-purposed character for the sole purpose of providing a fight for players to interact in, this would normally be fine but it seems as if this group had no definitive leader, just a death wish, quite literally, they did this as a form of suicide.

I am not very impressed with wasting my time on this, to expect a conclusion worth a damn about the vampire hunters or a conclusion about anything really, I guess the only real reason I'm bringing this up is because this happens very frequently, where it seems like something important is happening only for it to have a really shitty conclusion with not much gain or mystery about it, investigations only going as far as "We only did this cause we wanted to kill ourselves."

I don't know why I made this thread, mostly I am angry over a lack of meaningful conclusion on any part, forgive me for what I'm about to say but who the fuck even cares about the death of a masked man who is just re-purposed from another character so easily, because they'll be repurposed back into the original character the next day like nothing even happened.

As an ending piece, this is mostly in reference to a sudden mass of characters who are repurposed from other characters created by other people (in a very obvious fashion, down to the very same build), in turn it starts to diminish the impact of actual villainous or nefarious organizations, cause there's one around the corner for everyone who decides they also want to attack Cellsvich this day.
[Image: zo2BdSr.pngp]

Messages In This Thread