Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magical Series X
The Magical Series of weapons has been a staple in the game for quite some time now. However, I've been noticing a lot of.. just general silliness when dealing with the weapons as a whole.

They currently have 60% STR/WIL scaling, for a combination of 120%. The main 3 weapon types (Sword/Axe/Spear) can also reach 32-40 weapon power. Just for existing.

Not only this, but if you pump up the weapon power, you can also 2h them (because they will go over 20 weight).

So it turns into something that looks like this.

(((STR*.6)+(WIL*.6))*1.5)+WPNPOW)*1.2

With the absolute maximum WPN POW (40) I've been able to achieve, and with 50 scaled in the stats, you can almost completely break the damn things.

Easily able to reach 169 SWA with them. This is absolutely bonkers due to the way some autohits can just gain up to 1.4x SWA for it's damage (and give other effects). These weapons are horrendously accurate in such a way, but... even with just the basic 1.4x SWA, this become very obvious why these should be hit with the nerf bat.

Even as casting implements, they are 100% better casting tools than any tome will ever be, simply due to the fact 1/2 weapon power for not a matching element really doesn't matter all that much, since 20 weapon power is still more than most tomes can make (due to remains / weapon parts being a thing that exist)

I'd like to see if these weapons, mostly just the ones that can be two handed, could have their weapon scaling shot. There's zero reason for them to be better than a tome and also give you the ability to 2h (which makes them even better), and also use sword/axe/spear skills alongside their absurd SWA. There just really isn't.

If their scaling gets hit, I'd like to see it go down to something along the lines of 40-50% in each (for 80-100% scaling in total).

Messages In This Thread