Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basic Attack fix's impact
I think, for the time being, adding the Glancing Blows mechanic (so dodging is actually worthwhile and it forces some Auothit builds to build SKI and/or LUC) should come to the forefront. We can assess how Basic Attacks fair, after that, and compare it with autohits.

If Autohits are still doing a ridiculous amount of damage, compared to basic attacks, then we can lower their damage (or do something involving durability)

Edit: Also I don't know how you people are "Losing more than half your damage." Unless you had literally no scaling from stats on your weapon, losing your weapon power (the 2x one) shouldn't actually be hitting you that hard. Unless you mean on crits, which aren't guaranteed.

Edit 2: I can agree though. As I've been trying to make a new character that is an Auto-Hitter. I've been trying to figure out just what-the-fuck to do.

I need SKI to hit/crit, CEL to dodge, VIT to live, LUC to hit/dodge/crit, GUI so my crits do damage (Nullified by Dullahan/Lich), at least 20 SAN, and a shitton of APT because it's a god stat.

So I have to find a weapon that scaled off of most of this.. But not only that, my CEL is worthless, alongside my LUC (for evasion) if they're not 50+. Due to the way Autohits work, I have to have Rogue somewhere in my classes so I don't get turbofucked by autohits (Though just having 30 extra def/res would make it completely null and void and I'd get the same result anyways, without the penalties of being KD, Stunned, Guarding, Invoking, etc.)

So yeah. It's hard to make a basic attack build unless you're just going balls-to-the-wall zero defenses 1000% attack stat mode and you die in 3.5 seconds.

As an auto-hitter, you need... Weapon scaling (they come in flavors such as "All of my defensive stats can be used offensively" (though anything with over 100% scalign is god tier, so 1 star rebelling weapons gogogogo).. You want bloody palms (if you can deal any magic damage) OR Chimera bands for +stats out the ass. If you can 2h the weapon, 2h it. Now, the weapon needs rebelling + POWER PARTS (swords are bullshit broken for this) + FIREBLOOD REMAINS for +8 power for literally no downside.

What now? Now you need DEF/RES/VIT... and you can just build whatever the actual fuck you want with the rest of your points, because it actually doesn't matter. You now have a ton of health, defenses, and can use those stats to assblast someone. If an autohitter does build like a basic attacker (bar the CEL), then that means that they're going a lightning crit build. To make their lightning crit autohits do about 2-2.5x the damage a normal basic attack could ever do.

Messages In This Thread