Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sneaky Melee Sniper
"Raigen.Convict" Wrote:You could try... Not doing a back attack?

I never do a back-attack when I'm playing solo, but in a party back-attacking is what people always try to go for, which is super detrimental for glass cannons considering how sometimes the tanks are stuck with 1 or 2 monsters while the squishies have 4 around them (literally just happened to me right now as I'm playing SL2 LOL.) Don't get me started on the amount of times I end up sitting next to a bunch of spatials.

"Lolzytripd" Wrote:I'm going to be that guy that points out that ranged classes, such as Ranger and gunner actually have Retreat based skills that still allow you to make basic attacks with guns and bows, use those....

Build wise and roleplay wise, my character is supposed to have next to no mobility but compensates for far range safety. Also gunner's retreating shot is like what, 4 range with a hit penalty? Flip shot also has like a 7 range target area.. You'd be better off just using movement if you really wanted to get far away, which still wastes momentum... which is the whole advantage to getting a back attack. My current build is oriented around having 0 mobility/defense but being able to achieve up to 23 range so it makes no sense that my character gets the jump on someone and immediately goes guns (bows?) blazing into melee mode.

Literally happening right as I type this:
[Image: c9a4df843d3254d07a1834f152199688.png]

Messages In This Thread