Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The (Un)official Guard Criticism/Salt Thread
"Noxid" Wrote:
"catabur" Wrote:
"Noxid" Wrote:Like dude if you came to some remote corner of Lispool alone to investigate some crime accept that you fucked up. But nah gotta win bruh I'll press my magic button that tells everyone in the guard chat to get you ass over here for some fun 6 vs 2 pvp

A very poor example since something like bandits have been made into ice popsicles and then something called Church Knights could easily fuck up your day. And even then, the only time back-up is used is in Sigrogana. Otherwise, guards request other people to come and assist them with some sort of investigation.

Except the example I gave actually happened. A guard came investigating a report once and when we refused to come with him *click* meta-called backup (Except guards are allowed exception to this rule for some reason) and in this example the Church Knights wouldn't have even been a factor as we weren't obviously committing crimes there.

While on the topic of teaching new guards or setting up proper guidelines. It is very much possible, security members on bloody SS13 manage it so I don't understand how we couldn't get it done. I'm not bothered if the laws are unjust ICly just that they are there because right now one guard might threaten an arrest for you arguing with someone in town while another will let someone go with a warning for sexual assault it's bonkers.

I think in this moment guard players need to understand they aren't some administrative force to punish the badguy players, they are an RP force meant to simulate a immersive guard system. So when they break the immersion by calling back up and breaking the meta rules they become no better than

[Image: med_1421949000_image.jpg]

Messages In This Thread