Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The (Un)official Guard Criticism/Salt Thread
I just wanna throw in my thoughts about all of this:

Certain players and roleplay can be blown out of proportion/misinterpreted and punished with a character softban in the way of jail time. I've had this happen to myself twice, regarding the same character (of course it was Falcen), leading to him being arrested for a mix of crimes equaling 27 OOC days.

27. OOC. DAYS. Let that sink in.

And I'm not just saying that this is an issue with non-guard characters- guard characters are also guilty of this, taking a minor comment or joke and blowing it up to an Assault charge and arresting someone for it. Or, taking a slight detail with a crime and adding that on.

In my first case with Falcen, a natural 20 on an optional roll in my case ended up nearly killing someone I threw a fucking mayonnaise jar at, when it wasn't even meant to be a particularly powerful throw, leading to an OOC 24 hour sentence.

In my second, a controlled fire trap that wouldn't have touched anything else nor destroyed any other property other than the mechanism that begun it was misinterpreted by a guard as being an uncontrollable fire storm and led to an Arson charge, which is punishable by 24 OOC days of prison. It led to me having to curb Falcen's trickster-like and wild nature because I didn't want him to be either arrested for a literal month, or be executed and told to just deal with the fact that my main character and draw to the game was eliminated from existence.

Players have misinterpreted roleplay from other characters in many ways (I'm guilty of it too, to an extent) and it has led to jail time. And until that problem is addressed, I don't honestly think that this system will improve by very much.
[Image: unknown.png]

Messages In This Thread