Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bad Bots
Well what can I say, I think Spoop's response was disappointing since it basically avoided the main chuck of the argument. I think Chaos bought up the key points of the actual problem in itself.

I will reference statistics again, but take note: I am doing so in a more direct way. Instead of just talking about a stat directly(as with Spoops last post), I will reference the stat it raises directly. In this case, CEL and Evasion. Now, the medbot, with its 61 CEL + 21 LCK, is at 141 Evade total, which, whoa there, sure sounds big. Players cap at 40+their stat base, so this is above the average, right?
Meanwhile players trying for the same amount of CEL(even after being destroyed by the scaled stat's nerf hammer) are mysteriously all at the 220-250~ evade range. Can someone explain this small discrepancy to me? I felt that, since bot stats are so big, they should be able to evade everything!
The response is that bots do not have class passives, talents and other things that easily are where half of their evasion comes form. 70% damage reduction seems impressive? Players are able to hit that+flat damage reduction+crit evasion+another 10% damage reduction passive.
Note that I am not saying that bots should have all those things: I think they ought to be weaker than players. But as of now the gap is too far and they are unable to change anything.

Oh by the way I took the freedom to pick up a example battle. This Gygax Rex is much weaker than the usual PvE event mob, but it will have to do. Witness, my turret bot's staggering 42 damage per turn against a boss creature that is a bit more challenging than usual.
[Image: X21WiUg.png] [Image: bTOjYzF.png]

Did I cherry pick that? No, not really. If I wanted to cherry pick, I'd bring my character to a GM event and talked about it. Except wait, that really isn't cherrypicking-- GM events are a part of the game and classes should be able to be helpful in them.
Anyways, Engineers are currently unable to participate in PvP content or more serious PvE content.
As a solution to this, I believe we have to give Robots passives as I mentioned. The active mentioned above also works.

On a final note, I would be happy with keeping the giant FP costs bots have. Am I weird? Apologies.

Messages In This Thread