Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level Up! (But without any enthusiasm)
It is slower than conventional tower grinding, and is rather mundane to go with it. In a game where everyone really just wants to get into the RP, I don't think there's any merit to an idea that then takes away the fastest means of cutting down something that is just... boring. Sure, you can do it in a day, but that's a pretty lackluster day. I'm sorry for calling the idea stupid, but I do stand by the idea that it is just that, however unconstructive that is to say. The idea of making the problem worse before fixing it does not seem all that reasonable, to me, but maybe that's just me.

I have had a really long, boring week trying to grind a character up, and I'm not even done, because there was nobody around to grind them. In fact, alone, I'd still be at a very low level, and I had to rely on people wanting to dungeon too. To me, the tower currently helps with a problem that exists because I honestly would rather not go through that mundane experience again just to create a character that won't get destroyed when RP turns to PvP (and in that situation your attempts to play a powerful character amount to honestly nothing), and I don't support any "Make tower grinding less useful" idea unless it's suggested to be after there's a meaningful update to dungeons. To suggest making the grind more boring before dungeons are improved does risk a negative period for the game.

Tower grinders may not apply to new people, no, but when I was new I survived because I had people to help me. Not everyone has that in this dungeon system, so while removing the tower wouldn't affect them (And it would affect everyone else, negatively, which is a reason I'm against it), they're still subjected to the mundaneness that is dungeons. I hardly see any new people that stick around. Only the same faces.

But, If we were to make dungeons more interesting, instead of increasing the experience reward, why don't we suggest some things that could be done? Dungeons need to feel fun and fulfilling, so any ideas that could add that aspect to it (which I do not believe it has right now) would work.
[Image: 400px-Nihilus%2C_the_Abyssal_Flame.gif]
Ending 145: Disappointed in Humanity

Messages In This Thread